+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Thank you for my free donut, Tim.

Thank you for my free donut, Tim.

So, Canadians, has Timmy given you anything good under the rim so far?

So far all I won is free coffee but my friend won $1000.00

Wow shyra that's great!!

Just a few coffees and donuts here, but hey I won't ever turn down a free Timmy's

giz
    I think we've only got a couple of Tim's on the island. When my sister and her teenage daughter came here from Toronto, they kept saying "where's the Tim's?". Terrible withdrawl symptoms. We're all about Starbucks out here (god knows why, cause the food is awful). My neighbourhood has 2 great independants, and they are the real heart of the neighbourhood. Is that less so the case back east? (Which, by the way, starts just outside of Vancouver). (Okay, slight exaggeration, but I am truly puzzled when I hear places like Manitoba being described as Western Canada. Even Saskatchewan is pushing it IMO. Everything's relative, aye?)

http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/natio...ute060308.html

Winning Tim Hortons cup sparks bitter row
    Last Updated Wed, 08 Mar 2006 10:06:37 EST
    CBC News
    A dispute is brewing in Quebec over a sport utility vehicle after a winning "Roll Up the Rim" coffee cup was found in a garbage can.

It all started Tuesday in Montreal when a 10-year-old girl found a Tim Hortons cup in a trash bin, according to a report in the Montreal Gazette.

Remembering the coffee chain's promotional contest, she plucked it out of the garbage. The girl couldn't roll up the rim by herself, so she asked for help from a 12-year-old friend.

When the two girls discovered the cup was the winner of a $28,700 Toyota RAV4, they took it to a teacher at the school, who called the girls' parents.

The 10-year-old's father, who wasn't identified, arrived first and took the cup, saying he planned to sell the vehicle and would offer some of the money to the second child's family.

But when the 12-year-old's mother, Nathalie Prevost, showed up, she said her family deserved to take the prize.

Prevost then called a local radio station to ask for legal advice, propelling the story into the media spotlight, said the Gazette.

The father of the 10-year-old said Prevost's radio appeal went too far and that he has changed his mind about offering that family any money.

A spokesperson for Tim Hortons told the newspaper that whoever submits a winning tab to the company is considered the official prizewinner.

Under the contest rules, the girls can't claim the prize directly because they are minors.
    Hopefully it's okay I post this here and not in CE.

I truly hate what money can do to people

CCL
    Prevost then called a local radio station to ask for legal advice, propelling the story into the media spotlight, said the Gazette.
    Who calls a radio station for legal advice? Come on. I heard that the guy who threw out the cup has hired a lawyer and wants to have dna testing done to show the cup was his (ie that he drank from it). All a schmozzle. I'd say that the car should be sold and the money split between the 2 girls.

I'm not a coffee drinker so I've not won anything. My sister won a donut last year. She accidentally cut off the "ut" when she was ripping it off and the Tim's gave her a hard time, saying they needed the whole word to give her the donut.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

My opinion on the matter is the car should go to the girl who found the cup in the first place. It was nice of her father to offer to give a share to the other family. I don't get why the other mother thinks she should get the prize. If it wasn't for the first girl the second girl wouldn't have even seen the cup. As for the moron who tossed the cup...he can take a hike. He lost his claim when he tossed the cup.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

giz
    What was the mum of the 12 year old thinking?? Instead of getting a share in a car, she now has potential legal hassles and has set an example of ungracious behaviour for her daughter. Feh!

I'm bitter...I buy an extra-large double-double every friggin' morning and haven't won a thing yet this year.

Regarding the court case - apparently, it's the school board who has the legal entitlement to the winning cup, since it was tossed in a school garbage can. Serves those idiot parents right for taking this to court. Gotta love it when a frivolous lawsuit bites the litigants right in their respective asses.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Oh gosh, did anyone else read in their local paper that the supposed buyer of the cup wants a DNA test done on the cup to prove it's his. I mean, he threw it away. Obviously wasn't smart enough to roll the rim, and now has a lawyer and wants a DNA test? This is ludicrous.

As for my own rolls, I haven't bought Tim Horton's in a long time, but with the amount of coffee everyone is going through here with the Brier, there has to be some winners soon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast