+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Thank you for my free donut, Tim.

Only 3 free coffees won so far for me. The parents of a co-worker of mine won one of the BBQs - they're giving it to her...

Here's the count so far for prizes claimed:

21 RAV4's claimed to date - 30 available to be won
    46 TVs claimed to date - 100 available to be won
    219 $1000 cash prizes claimed to date - 500 available to be won
    910 BBQs claimed to date - 10,000 available to be won

So come on people, drink up! There's lots left

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    I feel so left out....I live in Alabama and have never heard of Tim Horton's until I read this thread.......I wanna win something!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

All I ever win is free coffee. I'm not complaining though.

Tim's Deadly Blast

I guess this guy rolled down his rim and didn't win... Sorry, not funny.
    ---------------------------------------

Deadly blast in doughnut shop not a terrorist job: police
    Sun, 02 Apr 2006
    CBC News

Police have ruled out terrorism as the cause of an explosion at a Tim Hortons doughnut shop that killed one man in a trendy downtown area of Toronto on Sunday.

The victim was likely an arsonist or attempting suicide, Staff Sgt. Don Cole of Toronto police told reporters hours after the explosion.
    Attachment 16857
    Emergency officials walk outside the Tim Hortons in Toronto where an explosion killed a man on Sunday.

"He's not a strap-on al-Qaeda bomber guy," Cole said. "It sounds to me like a guy who either wanted to do a torch job or commit suicide."

Police said the man apparently carried a can of gasoline into a washroom stall about 1 p.m. local time at the eatery in the city's Yorkville area, and set off a flash fire that killed him.

The victim was an unidentified male who was pronounced dead at the scene with severe burns to his body. Nobody else was injured.

Tim Hortons spokesman Nick Javor later confirmed the victim was not an employee. In a statement, he praised the quick response of the staff, and said they would be offered appropriate support.

Explosion triggered flash fire: police
    ....more

http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/natio...on-060402.html
    Last edited by misskitty; 06-20-2006 at 05:23 AM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

That's pretty bad.
    Check out my avatar It's Chad Michael Murray!

Quote Originally Posted by daddyzgirl View Post
    So come on people, drink up! There's lots left

Ok. But what province do we have to live in to win? (see post#33)
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

For those that were dying to know the outcome of the case of the little girl who dug her teacher's roll up the rim cup out of the garbage to win a SUV - well, sanity apparently overtook all the parties involved, and the kid and her family gets the truck. That would be the girl who originally got the cup out of the garbage - not the teacher who threw it away, not the kid who helped her roll up the rim, not the janitor who picks up the garbage, and not the school who owns the garbage can. Isn't it nice to see common sense take hold of people once in a while?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

This thread has me drooling all over my keyboard. I married an American 6 years ago and moved to the US. My parents lived up in BC until September when they sold their house and decided to become RV-ing nomads. They are now in NB and I no longer have any reason to go up to Canada and get Tim's. I miss it, everything, the sandwiches, and the scones, the donuts, the tea, and the Timbits are a favorite of my 4 year old's. I think my husband would frown on an 8 hour car trip to go across the boarder just to get some Tim's. (Although he is a huge fan too, he gets the coffee sent to him in the cans though so he gets a hit every now and then).
    But 6 years ago I had a two a day habit and a scone in the AM, all I ever won was free coffee or donut. (And they let me substitute for a tea!)
    Is probably over in the transcribing thread for Big Brother til death do us part.

"I don't trust that girl with a ten foot pole." - Annie
    Whhhhaaaaat? LMAO

FYI, a sour cream Timbit is 90 calories. That's right - 90. So on the two road trip to, say, Port Dover, I can easily consume 1,000 calories. That explains quite a bit.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    For those that were dying to know the outcome of the case of the little girl who dug her teacher's roll up the rim cup out of the garbage to win a SUV - well, sanity apparently overtook all the parties involved, and the kid and her family gets the truck. That would be the girl who originally got the cup out of the garbage - not the teacher who threw it away, not the kid who helped her roll up the rim, not the janitor who picks up the garbage, and not the school who owns the garbage can. Isn't it nice to see common sense take hold of people once in a while?
    Shocker...common sense actually wins the day for once.
    Thanks for the update, Ajane.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast