+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Thank you for my free donut, Tim.

I am not a coffee drinker but I like most other things at Tim's. I don't go often enough. Haven't won anything yet.

and back to that crazy story about the guy who threw away the cup wanting a DNA test done, he can go away, tough luck buddy!

I agree with the person who said sell the car, divide the moeny between the 2 girls.

I have won nothing so far. I average about 4 Hot Chocolates a week, but still... nothing. Last winter I won on about every other cup.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellon View Post
    I buy a coffee every morning - at last count, I'm 0-24 since they started this season's contest. Stupid cups.
    My friend won a free coffee and traded it in for the coffee today. And on the coffee she won she got another free coffee. Most of my friends seem to have gotten the odd cup of coffee or donut or whatever. I'd say around 1 in 5 or so.
    What do you all think about this (see article)? Seems unfair to me.

Not all rims rrroll up equally
    Last Updated Wed, 15 Mar 2006 14:09:06 EST
    CBC News
    The odds of winning a big prize when you roll up the rim on a cup of Tim Hortons coffee depend on where you live, CBC News Online has learned.

Canada's biggest fast-food chain is running its annual spring promotion that offers customers a chance to win prizes ranging from a cup of coffee to a $33,000 sport utility vehicle.

Albertans and Atlantic Canadians have nearly twice the opportunity of driving off in one of the 30 SUVs as people in Toronto or southwestern Ontario.

If you live in Quebec, where Tim Hortons is battling for market share with rival Dunkin' Donuts, your chances are even better a one in four million shot at the SUV, versus one in eight million for B.C. and one in 11 million for southern Ontario.

The same is true to a lesser extent for the three other big rewards: 100 plasma televisions, 500 cash prizes of $1,000 and 10,000 barbecues.

A spokesman at the company's headquarters in Oakville, Ont., was initially unaware of the prize distribution breakdown and had to check with Tim's marketing people before confirming that the odds have been skewed for at least the past couple of years.

"There are only 30 cars," Greg Skinner said. "If it was all equalized, some places like P.E.I. or New Brunswick might not get one at all. This is just about trying to create some excitement."
    Link
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Further to my earlier post - whoops! The ads I heard were for Country Time - apparently every cup is a winner there. In my world, there is only one donut store, so every donut store ad I hear immediately brings Timmy's to mind. I must start paying attention to things.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

No problem, Rattus - Timmy's is the only one that counts!

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

In regards to the article CCL posted:

I can kind of understand how they would try and "spread the wealth" kind of thing, since there are only 30 top prizes. But at the same time, I thought that being in an area that has more Timmy's that you'd have a better shot of winning a bigger prize, since there would be more cups in that area. Does that make sense??
    Trying to create some buzz in places where Timmy's doesn't do so well kind of makes sense too, business wise (are there really places in Canada that Timmy's doesn't do well??? )...but I would like to think that the cups would be more randomly sent and therefore I would have a better chance of winning.
    ---------------------
    opps....

Can I just add to this conversation that I LOVE Timmy's coffee? I've won a coffee so far, and that's a great prize to me. Of course, I'd love to win a vehicle, or that big TV, but for me it's really all about the coffee.
    My family grew up in Hamilton, the home of Tim Hortons, and I'm proud to say we are all adicted and will drive miles out of our way if necessary to stop at one. It's kind of sad really, but when you grow up in a town where there's a Tim Horton's on every 3rd street corner you have certain expectations.
    "I'm very tired of thinking. It doesn't seem to help very much."
    -Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Eh.. I don't really drink coffee, so I don't get many rims to roll up, but I don't know of anybody who has won anything big. Just a coffee here, or a donut there. Nothing extravagant.

. I just found out the big hole the dug at the mall by my place is a new TIM HORTON'S It's less than 10 blocks away!

I really like Tim's chili meal deal. You can't beat it. And the coffee and donuts, well, what's there to say. Darn. Should've bought some shares for my retirement. Once the new one is built, that will be our new family meeting spot.

Luno from Manitoooba! Another Fort Canadian! Do you know my girlfriend AJ? She lives in Winterpeg
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

CCL
    This person is auctioning off an unrolled Tim's cup at ebay. Um, ok.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/One-unrolled-Tim-...QQcmdZViewItem
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast