+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Thank you for my free donut, Tim.

We don't have that chain here. We were up in Michigan a while back and I saw one. We had just eaten lunch, darn it.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff View Post
    Interesting.
    I'll have to ask about substituting my winning rims because we have three coffee wins and were told in the past that we couldn't substitiute the win for any other hot drink.
    We wanted French Vanilla which probably costs all of about a quarter more, but it was always "no dice".
    Hey Fluff...this is right from their website:

• This year, you can substitute “Win A Donut” rims for any one donut, muffin or cookie, so try something new with your winning rim!

• This year you can substitute “Win A Coffee” rims for any size hot beverage, including:
    • hot chocolate
    • hot tea
    • café mocha
    • hot smoothee
    • apple cider
    • flavoured cappuccino

In my neck of the woods there was a huge push to boycott Tims because they were offering a RAV4 as the vehicle to win instead of a Chrysler, Ford, or GM. Windsor is a huge Big 3 automotive town.

http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/...0-3bc5f3b113ad

Windsor winners can trade Tim Hortons Toyota

Anyone rolling up the rim and winning a RAV4 in Windsor or Ontario's Essex County will have the option of trading that vehicle for another of equal value, Tim Hortons announced Friday.

The doughnut chain made the decision after it received heat from some customers in the Windsor area for not providing a North American-made prize vehicle.

The national Roll Up the Rim contest, which is marking its 20th year, offers 30 Toyota RAV4 vehicles to winners.

"It is the customer's choice if they desire to substitute a vehicle of equal value. So, if someone wins a Toyota and they don't want a Toyota we will find a way of exchanging it for a vehicle they want," said Nick Javor, Tim Hortons corporate affairs spokesman.

Javor also informed Canadian Auto Workers Local 444 president Ken Lewenza of the move. Lewenza represents about 5,000 workers at the Windsor assembly plant that produces Chrysler minivans.

"Mr. Lewenza thought that was a very positive gesture that people are not compelled to keep a Toyota," Javor added.

"I'm exceptionally pleased with the community response to Tim Hortons and exceptionally pleased with the corporate response to our protest. I think it is great," Lewenza said.

Javor said the company misjudged the sensitivity in offering the prize in this area.

More on the controversy here: http://www.canada.com/windsorstar/ne...cd87ec&k=24073

All I know is there was no way I was boycotting my Tim Horton's coffee

"It is the customer's choice if they desire to substitute a vehicle of equal value. So, if someone wins a Toyota and they don't want a Toyota we will find a way of exchanging it for a vehicle they want," said Nick Javor, Tim Hortons corporate affairs spokesman.
    Fabulous, I'll take a Porsche.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Fabulous, I'll take a Porsche.
    Good choice

It'll be interesting to see what happens if someone in my area does win one of the RAV4s.. especially if they don't exchange it

Me personally, if I wasn't allowed to take a cash option I would take the RAV4 and sell it...I need the cash more than I need an SUV.

Hey. That substituting option is a GREAT IDEA! Musta been thought of by a woman . And I think it's also a fabulous idea to trade UP to a North American car because Tim's is Canadian, and Tim's rocks! So why not keep it all in the family? Very good marketing.

Now I'm thirsty. Who want's to go get a double-double with me? And a donut of course!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Incidentally, has anyone tried one of those Hot Smoothies?
    I can't decide whether they appeal to me or not.
    So far they haven't appealed enough to get one instead of an FV.
    I was sooo excited when I heard from my brother (he works at Timmy's) that they were getting Hazelnut!! My all time favorite. When I tried the Hazelnut Smoothie though, I wasn't impressed, I mean, it was good, but not like my morning cup of Java with my Hazelnut flavoured creamer. So, I actually still get a French Cap rather than the smoothie.

As for the Rolling of the Rim....I'm 2 for 7, both Coffee wins.....My hubby is doing worse than that....he was at 0-10 as of this afternoon, but he is at work now, so maybe he'll win tonight.

I'll keep on rollin though....I could use a new vehicle.
    ---------------------
    opps....

Quote Originally Posted by daddyzgirl View Post
    Hey Fluff...this is right from their website:

• This year, you can substitute “Win A Donut” rims for any one donut, muffin or cookie, so try something new with your winning rim!

• This year you can substitute “Win A Coffee” rims for any size hot beverage, including:
    • hot chocolate
    • hot tea
    • café mocha
    • hot smoothee
    • apple cider
    • flavoured cappuccino

Excellent, thanks, daddyzgirl.
    I'll be trading in my coffee rims later today

I buy a coffee every morning - at last count, I'm 0-24 since they started this season's contest. Stupid cups.

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

Quote Originally Posted by Mellon View Post
    I buy a coffee every morning - at last count, I'm 0-24 since they started this season's contest. Stupid cups.
    Okay, so I don't drink coffee and I REALLY need to avoid donuts (particularly the strawberry-vanilla - the single sweetest food item on the planet) so I don't get into Timmy's as often as I would like. But I have been hearing these commercials ad nauseum about people doing lunatic things like bungee jumping without a bungee cord or swimming with sharks because they're on a major winning streak. Voice-over guy says "nnooooo", every cup from Timmy's is a winner. I assumed that every cup was a winner based on the commercials. What's the story?
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellon View Post
    Me, too. And increasingly bitter over it.

Rattus, I assume every cup is a winner because of the so delicious coffee that's inside?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast