+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Thank you for my free donut, Tim.

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    Oh gosh, did anyone else read in their local paper that the supposed buyer of the cup wants a DNA test done on the cup to prove it's his. I mean, he threw it away. Obviously wasn't smart enough to roll the rim, and now has a lawyer and wants a DNA test? This is ludicrous.

As for my own rolls, I haven't bought Tim Horton's in a long time, but with the amount of coffee everyone is going through here with the Brier, there has to be some winners soon.
    I did hear that. It'll never end. I read that as the garbage can was on school property, technically the garbage, including the cup, is the property of the school. So the school will probably be getting a lawyer soon. Headaches all around.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I haven't won anything yet, but I frequent it frequently .

As for the case of the tossed cup, I thought the guy who tossed it gave up his right, even though he did pay for the coffee and the cup. The first girl and second girl sharing would be the best solution, although they can't claim because they are underaged. The school should reap a reward for actually having a trash can on their property. And back to the original purchaser, he should win just for hitting the trash can with his empty cup! Call it a Nonlitterer Award.

Considering it's pretty hard for all of those now involved in this little fiasco to split a vehicle into even pieces, I say donate the RAV4 to a charitable organization or raffle it off. Then have Tim's give each of the four claimants $500 worth of gift certificates!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I agree that the person who threw away the cup also threw away his right to the prize.
    This is just the way I see it, I have no legal knowledge upon which to base that opinion.

I won a cookie today, but they only had peanut butter and chocolate chunk left and I'm not a fan of those chocolate chunks, so I'll have to claim my prize another day.

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff View Post
    I won a cookie today, but they only had peanut butter and chocolate chunk left and I'm not a fan of those chocolate chunks, so I'll have to claim my prize another day.
    Or you could have just given the cookie to me.

Premium Member
    Too bad the little girl didn't just take the cup home to her parents instead of the teacher, and let her dad roll it up.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff View Post
    According to the sign outside the drive-thru of the Tim's I frequent, you can substitute the cookie for a donut or muffin. I rarely eat donuts, but I can't resist a glazed sour cream donut.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

mmmmmmmm glazed sour cream!!!
    we've won a donut and a coffee so far
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    According to the sign outside the drive-thru of the Tim's I frequent, you can substitute the cookie for a donut or muffin. I rarely eat donuts, but I can't resist a glazed sour cream donut.
    And apparently you can switch the coffee for any hot beverage (so you could have a hot chocolate or tea or whatever).

Roll up the rim to win is starting to remind me of the search for the golden ticket in Willy Wonka. My whole campus has gone NUTS. Line ups at Timmy's have never been so long.

So far, I haven't been very successful. Usually I have one to two coffees a day and so far it has only produced two free coffees. I will keep trekking on, I figure something is better than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Interesting.
    I'll have to ask about substituting my winning rims because we have three coffee wins and were told in the past that we couldn't substitiute the win for any other hot drink.
    We wanted French Vanilla which probably costs all of about a quarter more, but it was always "no dice".

Incidentally, has anyone tried one of those Hot Smoothies?
    I can't decide whether they appeal to me or not.
    So far they haven't appealed enough to get one instead of an FV.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast