+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sudoku

cow
    ooo, i love sudoku. i prefer online ones than the ones on the newspaper though. i hate having to erase things over and over again
    moooooo
    orangepie

Quote Originally Posted by charity View Post
    I like soduku, but I'm ADDICTED to fill-it-ins. It's blank squares and a word list. It's much more fun than soduku and lasts a lot longer.

My latest book describes them as 'Use the word list to fill in the puzzle diagram. Words fit into the diagram reading across and down, as in crossword puzzles. Cross off each word in the list as you use it. As you fill in across words, some down words will automatically be filled in at the same time...When you have filled in the diagram (and used all the words in the word list), you have solved the puzzle.'

Check them out, too! You'll be hooked!
    I love this type of puzzle, but haven't been able to find where I can play them on the Internet. Can anyone give me a link?

I also can not get my mind to function with Soduko. I have tried and my brain just shuts down.
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

Premium Member
    I got the "Sudoku for Dummies" book and I got stuck on the first puzzle.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone View Post
    I got the "Sudoku for Dummies" book and I got stuck on the first puzzle.

That would be me.
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

Re: Sudoku

I just started teaching these in a mini-unit I'm doing on Japan (7 6-day groups doing history, sudoku, haiku, origami, anime mythology,and a number game using the Japanese numbers). My daughter got me hooked on these this summer. I've progressed to the very hard ones, but actually enjoy the slightly easier ones (medium hard) better because I like the gratification of completing them. The more you do them, the more strategies you figure out. If you tried before and didn't get it, have someone sit down with you and show you some strategies. It really is good brain exercise.
    Count your blessings!

Wow, it's been a year already since this thread started? I'm still trying umpteen puzzles a day, mostly at the expert level. Some can take 15 minutes before I give up; I've finished a few in about 3 minutes. I'll normally play until I successfully do at least two in a row.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

I am ADDICTED to sudoku!!! I even paid for a game for my cellphone! I always have a book somewhere nearby... at work, in my purse, etc.!

I have one in my purse, by my bed, at school, and in my chemo bag. I like to do them in mechanical pencil which I don't use for anything else. I break the leads if I try to write with them. I'm a messy puzzler writing tiny numbers in corners etc. and when they start to fall like dominoes I just write over everything. I'm serious - the finished ones are a jumbly mess! Love it. When I finish one, I put a smiley face in the top corner of the page. If I mess up I put a frowning face and come back later and erase it all and start again. Here's the really weird thing though, which I wish someone could explain to me... I do them much better with my glasses off, held close to my face than with my glasses on held at a normal distance. I mean incredibly better. I can be stuck glasses on (or more likely contacts in) go take them out and hold it close and find the problem in no time. Why?
    Count your blessings!

Each of my sons teachers started them on Sudoku in fourth grade. It is supposed to help build logic skills.
    My mom gave me a book with circular Sudokus and 16 square grid Sudokus. ACK!
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

FORT Newbie

ahrggh!! everytime i play this game im going to have a headache..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast