+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sudoku

I LOVE puzzles but just can't get into these!
    Act your age, not your shoe size!

I like soduku, but I'm ADDICTED to fill-it-ins. It's blank squares and a word list. It's much more fun than soduku and lasts a lot longer.

My latest book describes them as 'Use the word list to fill in the puzzle diagram. Words fit into the diagram reading across and down, as in crossword puzzles. Cross off each word in the list as you use it. As you fill in across words, some down words will automatically be filled in at the same time...When you have filled in the diagram (and used all the words in the word list), you have solved the puzzle.'

Check them out, too! You'll be hooked!

I like the fill-ins Charity! I just can't get into Soduku, I don't know - it holds little appeal to me. And I've tried various versions online and off.

One less time-waster for me I suppose.

How could I have missed this thread? I lurve Sudoku! It's such a simple concept, yet it provides me with endless hours of entertainment. Perhaps I'm too easily amused.

Here's my favorite site. It keeps track of your times, so you can try and do them faster:

http://www.websudoku.com/?select=1&level=2
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

LOL, I just finished one and started another. I keep a book of them beside me at work for teleconferences and waiting for jobs to run. Also have them on my palm, and at home I visit websudoku.com . I first heard about it on NPR Puzzlemaster.
    One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity

CurvesForum

My Dad really likes Suduko so I got him a 365day calendar of puzzles. It keeps his mind alert and thinking which is good at 75. I don't mind them, but I'm not that good at them. I guess practice would make perfect though. Maybe if I tried to do some in between watching all these reality and non reality tv show, I could actually get a couple done?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

You can download a free sudoku puzzle program at http://www.angusj.com/sudoku/index.php
    As far as I can tell, it is free of adware and spyware, and I haven't had any issues with it. The program can give meaningful hints (unlike one program that I tried that just filled in a square, this program shows the logic behind the hint,) and has a pretty good list of solving techniques in the Help section.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

FORT Fan
    I did Soduku a few months ago when they started them in the paper. I HATE THEM! I'm not good at it, and I would erase so much the paper would rip! My 11 year old started them because I was doing them- she LOVES them, and she can do them really fast. They just give me a headache.

Always Loved My Furry One Mimzy's Avatar
    Addicted, addicted addicted! Print them from www.sudoku.com
    Do about 20 every day or two. So Fun! Love the hard ones. Extra hard is a liitle - ah - hard. The meduim ones are sometimes like the extra hard - they make me nuts.

Sudoku title for Czech accountant
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4797540.stm

I can do the easy or medium ones on computer. For the hard ones I need them to be on paper so I can scribble things in the margin.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast