+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Count your blessings

Gutmutter - I have just heard of your recent struggles, and would like you to know that you will have a luminary on the track at my Relay in your honour this year. Although I don't think we've ever actually spoken on FORT, I've always enjoyed your thoughts & views and look forward to getting to know you a little better.

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
    I am blessed that there are people here (in no particular order, and not all inclusive)like ..., missykitty,....ET AL.
    Aw shucks, . I am truly honored. BTW, I know what et al stands for also.

femmefatale That was a thought provoking and wonderful post.

I am blessed that I have
    . the best DAD in the entire world
    . a MOM that cares too much sometimes
    . my adorable Gracie and Mr. Tootles
    . great sisters
    . a loving sweetie
    . a Baba who smiles when she sees me
    . a home that's paid off
    . an amazing group of doctors, nurses and holistic practitioners
    . FORT friends
    . a great LTD insurance plan
    . hope
    . and so much more than I can begin to list.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I, too, am blessed to have my FORT friends. I don't know how I would have made it through this year without you. Thanks to all who put pink ribbons in their avatars to support me. Thanks to those who showed them how. THANKS to John for providing this wonderful site. Thanks to whoever turned me green. Thanks to everyone who has encouraged me, laughed with me, and given virtual hugs and prayers when needed. I am so blessed to have come out the other end of my cancer journey strong and able to swim and exercise. I am truly blessed.
    Gutmutter,
    I too have just recently become aware of the stuggle you've faced this past year and I must say that every post of yours I've read is thoughtful, well mannered and a joy to read, so you must have managed your illness with grace and style as that shows through on your posts here on the FORT.
    My prayers for good health today and onward.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
    What? I'm one a few that ever watched any legal shows or read a legal document??
    Don't forget crossword puzzles, gabriel!

I feel blessed to...

Be able to love someone for who he is, not because I'm needy, lonely, or broke.
    Be debt free other than my itty bitty house note.
    Have family that will help me out if I really need it.
    Usually be able to handle things for myself without having to beg for help.
    Live in the good old USA; I can't think of a better place to be.
    Finally, be something like sane and happy for the last ten years, after durn-near thirty years of...not.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Today I am feeling incredibly blessed that I was taught to swim well. As a youth I was on swim team, synchronized swimming, and went to every free swim and family swim available. As an adult I worked at the Y teaching swimming lessons and water aerobics, training lifeguards, coaching swim team, and providing aquatics for people with arthritis. Now that I'm swimming again, it is such a joy. I rotate through 7 different strokes including 3 completely different versions of the breaststroke and look forward to adding butterfly as I gain more strength. The morning lifeguard lets me start early in exchange for helping him put in the lane lines and diving for pool toys. I used to sponsor a child from Ruwanda through Save the Children. She was fascinated in her letters about swimming, never having seen enough water to bathe in let alone swim. I told her my children had each been in the pool before they were 3 weeks old. Sadly, Huda was a victim of the Ruwanda massacre. The last time I went camping, I got up early and swam out to the middle of the lake as the sun was rising and floated in pure bliss. I imagined I was a dragon and swooped my arm/wings ominously before heading back to shore. One of the very few benefits of being overweight is that fat floats. I can float forever without any effort. Ahhhhh.
    Count your blessings!

MRD
    I am blessed to have found the Fort and to have made some friends here. I have posted some lengthy post in tell about your troubles and I also posted about upcoming surgery in good news.

And everyone that responded just touched my heart. In this busy, hectic and often rude world, I have to say that having online friends is truly a blessing.

I am blessed to know my FORT friends.

Thanks guys. You've helped more than you know.

And the best part? It's such a mutual sharing and mutual respect, but I don't have to come to your house and do your laundry or anything. Having friends like this is a blessing exactly because we don't see each other. I can't explain it like I want too. But sometimes I get over burdened doing for others and here its nice to know that I can just post support or prayers or share in others good news or offer prayers for those in need and not be expected to take you to lunch or anything. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say because words fail me at present.

(and my dh wants to know why I will take the advice of "strangers" but not his. Anyone know? Any psychologists out there? )

Again, I count my blessings and I count my friends, both online and off.

Thanks again guys.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Gut, I would love to be able to swim well. Can only cat-paddle.

Today I am grateful that I am not as sick as other people. I was at the hospital today, my regular IV thingy, and a young girl across from me has CF and is waiting for a double lung transplant.

I can breath. Easy. Very easily. I take it for granted. I won't anymore.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12