+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: What are your Hobbies?

Re: What are your Hobbies?

I got the tree skirt made but can't get a pic to upload. The fabric is directional and I messed up and cut on the wrong side so I used tabs with button and it looks lie it buttons up. It turned out nice.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Yesterday I had the idea of creating a story. This is different from the Survivor fan fics I had mentioned before.

Funnily I already have main character and a fictional location thought of.

Get it down on paper (or on your computer)! If you already have a strong character in mind, play around writing what s/he would do in different situations within your location. Don't worry about it being anything like a final draft. Let it be an improvisational way to develop the character. You never know when something in your "play" writing might spark a strong storyline. Have fun with it!
    Count your blessings!

Birding and bird/nature photography is my hobby. I hope to have a dslr camera at some point but have gotten some pretty good shots with my Lumix.
    Punkin, captain and waywyrd like this.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Iíve gotten behind on posting pictures of my crafts so Iím posting a lot now.

In my last post in this thread, I mentioned that I was making a blue and green dreamcatcher for my friend. I did finish it and give it to her, after I took a picture of it.

After that, I reworked a few potholders that needed a little help. Mostly I just crocheted edges around small potholders to make them a little bigger and make them look more finished.

Before

After

Before

After

I did a lot of work on the potholders on the right. I put them back on the loom and wove white thread across each row to add contrast to the pale blue and make the potholder bigger, plus added a darker blue crocheted edge.

Before

After
    Punkin likes this.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

I haven’t been doing work on my potholder looms for awhile. I’ve been learning how to do the basic stitches in crochet (single, double, and slip-stitch) and trying to make different projects with those.

This is a double-crocheted dishcloth I made with Orange Sherbet cotton yarn I got from a friend.

This is a dishcloth I made with alternating rows of double crochet and slip stitch in Desert Camo acrylic yarn.

With this dishcloth, I experimented with using two yarns at once. I used a rainbow acrylic to make double crochet rows alternating with slip stitch rows in white cotton.

This is a washcloth made with a slip stitch in a cotton yarn I got over the weekend, Chocolate Ombre. I edged it in cotton Aubergine yarn.

Punkin likes this.
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,

After doing washcloths, I tried making a handtowel/dishtowel. I used Flower Stripes acrylic yarn for the midsection of the towel, with white cotton panels running perpendicular to it, bordered in black cotton yarn.

My most recent project has been making little coasters/hotpads with a circular border. These were made with cotton yarn in Hippi Ombre.

My biggest project has been making a placemat set for my dad. I plan to make 6 placements for him and maybe throw in some extras, too.

This is the first finished placement, done with Desert acrylic yarn in a slip stitch pattern, edged with double crocheted cotton yarn in Toasted Almond.

I also made a round coaster and a little square that can be used as a coaster or small hotpad.

The red and yellow ones look like pizza! Yum!
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    The red and yellow ones look like pizza! Yum!
    That's funny! I thought they looked like cookies with white frosting.

I guess it's like looking at clouds--You see what you want to see in the yarn. You're looking for a cheesy treat and I'm looking for dessert.

So, does the placement look like a pan of lasagna to you?

Here are some of my crocheted items. I haven't done anything recent but love to when I get a chance.

2014-03-24 17.35.59.jpg
    Punkin, pikachu and Lizard like this.

+ Reply to Thread