+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: What are your Hobbies?

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: What are your Hobbies?

Well for the last while I've been script writing for some project I'm trying to create. I shared some of it with a couple people on here already. However I don't think some of the content is appropriate enough to post out in the open forum.
    Punkin likes this.

JK - could you give us the non X-rated version of a description of your project? You have me curious.

A while ago I emailed tbamom all of what I had so far.

Since I'm such a big Survivor fan, it's a Survivor fan fiction.

If you can handle the Big Brother live feeds and the vulgarity on there, then this should be no problem. Except some of the characters are definitely more over the top.
    Punkin likes this.

Heck, I swear a little bit myself! If you don't want to post here, please PM! You know I'm a Survivor fan! I wish I could write. I don't have enough imagination to come up with a story anyone would want to read.

Well, if you have an email you don't mind me emailing, then PM it to me. It's easier to upload attachments through email.
    Punkin likes this.

I might have to revise some of it. If some of what happens doesn't make sense, it's because it'll make more sense when you watch it, and not read it.

Speaking of other hobbies, I'm enjoying being often right and having correct opinions.
    Punkin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I might have to revise some of it. If some of what happens doesn't make sense, it's because it'll make more sense when you watch it, and not read it.

Speaking of other hobbies, I'm enjoying being often right and having correct opinions.
    Actually I wish I could see the Sim people, though I've read enough to start to recognize their different personalities by now. I'm definitely enjoying it.

As for your other "hobbies", I think my adjective for you is 'contrarious'. You like what you like and damned what others might think, you're not backing down! :>)

Well, I'm still kind of working on that thing I mentioned earlier.

There's another show script I'm currently working on but I keep starting over because I keep changing my mind about the format.

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35 View Post
    I loved the 64 boxes of crayons. I never got to have one growing up. I did buy one after I was married and spend hours "coloring". I felt like a child again!

My hobbies - I do cross stitching and crocheting. I love to read as well but don't do as much of that as I'd like to.

I get it in my head to do a hobby and then go ALL OUT for it. I crocheted a HUGE blanket using primary colors and it had 10 blocks (about 1 ft by 1 ft) by 10 blocks. I had to make a chart so that no 2 colors were next to each other and it used all the colors equally. It was way too heavy and too large and needless to say, very nonusuable. I just took it apart (left half in tact) and am currently unravelling the yarn to use for other mini projects.

My cross stitching gets finished and then "un finished" like not framing or finishing the ends. they just stay squares of linen with a cool pattern on them. I have every color of floss imaginable and tons of ribbons and frames and lots of the cloths and books, etc but have not touched the stuff since before Oct 2005 and then I spent a week thinking I could make ornaments for Christmas. I made 1!
    My mom framed a few of my pieces and it's cool to see my "work" shown off lovingly - like only a mother can!
    and that's it for me. I tried scrapbooking (and bought everything) and never did it. I bought the Pampered Chef starting kit and another Recipe type book that shows you how to make a planning schedule for a month of meals and never did that either.

Oh well, back to unraveling and rolling yarn balls.
    Quote Originally Posted by PGM35 View Post
    It's funny to find this post - I just took up crocheting again. I had all the yarn from the "monster" blanket that I halfway unravelled so I started up with a scarf. It's going to be one stripe of black, then white, then black, etc. My b/f saw a girl wearing one last night and said, look, like the one you are making. Only hers has tassels on the end and I said "mine will have tassels when I'm done." LOL he said, sorry - I didn't know! It was cute. Anyway, it's hard to do while the dogs are awake since they tend to be so curious as to what I'm doing and I have 3 noses in my lap and in the yarn, etc.
    Oh wow - from 2006 and 2007. My how time flies! I still crochet and made a lot more scarves, fingerless gloves, and even make socks! I can knit now too. I have those primary color balls of yarn still as well as all my cross stitch stuff and still plan to do some of it someday.

Mike's hobbies include tinkering with his 73 Challenger, and reloading our ammunition for shooting pistols at the range. We've dabbled in fishkeeping but haven't fixed the ammonia problem in the tanks we have now so we haven't gotten any fish lately.

Our boxers take up a lot of our time as well. Oh, and I just started some basic earring making. or at least I took a class and made a pair. LOL Wow - this is a blast from the past, no doubt! I miss lambikins and phat (he's still around thought), and I know gtg is busy with her twins.
    Kip likes this.

My hobby is geocaching. Its like a high tech treasure hunt game. Someone hides a container with cheap trinkets and a log book. They mark the coords with their gps then post it on geocaching.com website. Then you get the coords and go find it. After you found it you sign the log book. If there is something in the container that you want you trade for it. It is an extremely fun game. And I heard about it from John who used to own this site. There was a thread called, "Geocaching anyone?"
    Kip likes this.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

+ Reply to Thread