+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: What are your Hobbies?

OMG! They killed Kenny! FordChick73's Avatar
    Music: I play the tuba and also the bass guitar. (Well I'm still learning the bass guitar)

Graphics: I like to do computer graphics & do quite a few montages... I also do webpages for friends and family, I decided long ago that although I can probably make a living out of doing web pages, I wanted to keep it a hobby because it's something that relaxes me while I sit with it.... Didn't want it to become something I HAD to do every day

I can't post pictures yet, but once I can I may put up a couple of my montages.

Femme: I love your dress, I'm in awe over anybody who can make something so beautiful from scratch. And it looks so COMFY too.... can't wait to see it on you! I'm sure you'll look stunning!

I draw. Course, i'm an animation student, so it's kinda required of me lol. But i do alot of vector stuff.

Also, I knit. I use the knifty knitter, as I have tried learning knitting with knitting needles, but I am lame and cant figure it out. I mostly make scarves, but I have also made a golf club cover for my dad.

I sometimes bead jewelry. And I do needlepoint, sometimes.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

FORT Newbie
    just anything....
    i can make new hobbies everytime..
    bur right now........... forums discussion.....

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: What are your Hobbies?

I figured this thread was as good as any.....plus I liked re-reading everyone's post...I sure do miss lambikins and Qboots though ....and Rattus...your paintings are still gorgeous....have any new ones you'd like to post?

I have found a new hobby this Christmas season...and I actually think I can already classify it as an addiction now!

A local bridal registry/home decor store is going out of business and me and my S.O. went there just to see what they had (bad idea!) They carry Dept. 56 villages and they had their in stock marked down to 50% off. I don't collect them but have always liked the ones I saw but knew that it wasn't feasible to have any in the little apartment I lived in...can you see where this is going? Well, needless to say, he and I went bananas and bought quite a few houses (9 to be exact) and quite a few accessory pieces (12). I have already started to scout eBay for additional items (I desperately want the Flatiron building (my absolute favorite building in NYC) but its $150 *ouch*). The majority of the pieces we purchased was the "Christmas in the City" series but we also bought 2 of the North Pole series.

I've already made out a wish list and told my family that I've helped them for the future because now they don't have to wonder what to get me....

Anyone else collect villages? A lady at the store we bought these at said that she keeps hers out year round and just changes the trees. My S.O. has already figured out he has created a monster over these villages...I'm sure he's cursing the gods over them!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35;1774647;
    I loved the 64 boxes of crayons. I never got to have one growing up. I did buy one after I was married and spend hours "coloring". I felt like a child again!

My hobbies - I do cross stitching and crocheting. I love to read as well but don't do as much of that as I'd like to.

I get it in my head to do a hobby and then go ALL OUT for it. I crocheted a HUGE blanket using primary colors and it had 10 blocks (about 1 ft by 1 ft) by 10 blocks. I had to make a chart so that no 2 colors were next to each other and it used all the colors equally. It was way too heavy and too large and needless to say, very nonusuable. I just took it apart (left half in tact) and am currently unravelling the yarn to use for other mini projects.

My cross stitching gets finished and then "un finished" like not framing or finishing the ends. they just stay squares of linen with a cool pattern on them. I have every color of floss imaginable and tons of ribbons and frames and lots of the cloths and books, etc but have not touched the stuff since before Oct 2005 and then I spent a week thinking I could make ornaments for Christmas. I made 1!
    My mom framed a few of my pieces and it's cool to see my "work" shown off lovingly - like only a mother can!
    and that's it for me. I tried scrapbooking (and bought everything) and never did it. I bought the Pampered Chef starting kit and another Recipe type book that shows you how to make a planning schedule for a month of meals and never did that either.

Oh well, back to unraveling and rolling yarn balls.
    It's funny to find this post - I just took up crocheting again. I had all the yarn from the "monster" blanket that I halfway unravelled so I started up with a scarf. It's going to be one stripe of black, then white, then black, etc. My b/f saw a girl wearing one last night and said, look, like the one you are making. Only hers has tassels on the end and I said "mine will have tassels when I'm done." LOL he said, sorry - I didn't know! It was cute. Anyway, it's hard to do while the dogs are awake since they tend to be so curious as to what I'm doing and I have 3 noses in my lap and in the yarn, etc.

FORT Fanatic

I collect Christmas village pieces bbnbama though I'm getting to the point where I really don't have room to display all of them properly anymore. I usually set up my village on a glass table that's sprinkled with glittery "snow" but have so many new pieces that I've had to expand beyond that one table.

I also love colored glass art pieces and splurge on them when I can. There is a local artist that has a semi-annual sale of his "mistakes"
    Victor Chirarizia - set-portfolio
    I love his work!

FORT Newbie

My hobbies are reading books, listening musics and watching TV. I got a very pleasure in these hobbies.

Bumping this thread on hobbies for any crafters who want to join in a discussion of what you're working on these days. I've developed a fascination for felting, but haven't had a chance to do much of it.
    I'm making jewelry for Christmas presents right now. Some charm bracelets out of random jewelry bits and pieces I've gotten at yard sales and beautiful glass beads.
    Count your blessings!

Thanks for the Bump! I would love to see the kind of hobbies and crafts of others here. Maybe get some ideas.

I am a beader. I make earrings and bracelets just for the fun of it and to donate to charities. These bracelets I've made as Christmas gifts for my DILs.

bracelets 012.jpg
    Ellen, waywyrd, Kip and 3 others like this.

OMG! Those are beautiful!!!
    Punkin likes this.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread