+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: What are your Hobbies?

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins View Post
    If you take photos of your dress, please post them so we can applaude your efforts! I recently took some pix of my jewelry to show a friend in L.A. so when I can get un-lazy, I'll photoshop them to post HERE.
    As long as it turns out good I will put up pics. Otherwise you'll see a pic of a pile of red fabric torn in pieces (let's hope you won't see that, I would really not like it)

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins View Post
    we were forced to make the most wretched of items (an embroidered gingham rectangle, trimmed with rick-rack and then strung through a GIANT plastic hope??!!!--the "Mod" version of an apron!) and other atrocities.
    I happen to have made a red gingham apron, complete with rick rack and an embroidered teddy bear pocket. And it came out wonderfully well BTW. I still have it. My mom is a self-taught sewer and made a lot of our clothes when we were younger (which caused need for therapy later on) and made sure we did it RIGHT the first time. Talk about stress
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    I happen to have made a red gingham apron, complete with rick rack and an embroidered teddy bear pocket. And it came out wonderfully well BTW. I still have it. My mom is a self-taught sewer and made a lot of our clothes when we were younger (which caused need for therapy later on) and made sure we did it RIGHT the first time. Talk about stress
    misskitty: I'd love to be able to have that first apron I made...if it hadn't have been the Apron from Hell! And I realized just now, I meant "hoop", not 'hope'. I envy sewers of clothes; it's a talent that I lack. I quilt, cross stitch, and embroider but somehow I become frozen when it deals with fabric and patterns and wearing the stuff at the end.

I don't have to wear any of my cross stitch, fortunately!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Look what I made!

My dress is done, and it's so beautiful (I am in love with the silk fabric).

I will post an update in about two weeks time, with me wearing it for the party. (I didn't feel like getting all dressed up with shoes, hair and makeup today, so it will have to wait). But anyways, here's my homemade (though not home-designed) dress! (I know the pic is big, but the quality got bad when I tried to shrink it). Also, in a way, I don't really think this pic does the dress justice, it looks better on me, but you will have to wait...

MRD

Crafts

I searched the site for a crafts topic and did not find a general one.
    Please forgive me if one exists and mods, if you need to move this, then I'm sorry if I put it in the wrong place.

But I wanted to post a cool project/gift idea for a baby gift.

Its a cool wreath and is made on a styrofoam ring with disposable diapers attached first and then baby goodies attached on top.

baby wreath.jpg

AGain, sorry for the thumbnails. I have yet to master getting a full size pic on here even tho I have been given numerous instructions.
    Punkin likes this.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

ah yay... crafts. My mom and sister are always looking for easy craft ideas. My mom works in a special ed class room at the local middle school, and is always looking for things to make for gifts for things like christmas, mother's day, and father's day and the ilk. And my sister is a preschool teacher for 2 year olds, so also looks for easy craft ideas. If i get any ideas, I shall post them here!

My sister is also a hug scrapbook junky. She has been doing it since... possibly her junior year of highschool... so since 1998.

As for myself, I am an artist... so mostly draw. But also do needlepoint, sometimes beaded jewelry, and I knit, using the Knifty Knitter (love it!).
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Congrats on a job well done Femme fatale. Can't wait to see a picture with you in it. Dresses always look better on a woman than on hangers

Femme Fatale: Thanks so much for remembering to post a photo when you where done.

What can I say? PROJECT RUNWAY...you have a new contestant for next year!

I admire, deeply, anyone who can sew. Why? Because no matter how talented a person is in baking, painting, or other things YOU DON'T WEAR YOUR COOKIES OR NEEDLEPOINT PILLOW but to make an outfit and then have the world judge you.....you're a much braver and more confident person than I am!

I love the color and the East Indian feel of the fabric. Give yourself a bow!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

music is my first love and favorite hobby, since I've been playing violin since I was 3. It feels so good to perform on stage either by myself, or with an orchestra and even just fiddlin' around is fun. I'm also obsessed with my parents old vinyl records from the 60's and 70's and I heard nothing but Hendrix, the Doors, and [my mom's favorite] Janis Joplin my whole life and there is nothing better than blasting that music at full volume. But one hobby that I've really gotten into is going outside at night and hanging out at the edge of the woods and listening for any kind of wild critters that might be nearby. There is no way to describe how it feels to see a bobcat (or to hear its Really loud scream) or to see the resident fox mates or a whole herd of deer just living naturally as they should be and in my own backyard, its thrilling and I fell in love with nature in the very same backyard a long time ago. For about 2 years now, I've had a pair of barred owls that have decided to become full-time residents of my woods and they are absolutely incredible to watch and listen to. They are really kind of curious and will actually fly over and land nearby whenever I [badly] imitate their calls, they'll even answer back. I love those owls.

I have posted pics of me wearing my home-made dress in the "What do you look like"-thread. So if you want to see me (and my effort) go over there...

+ Reply to Thread