+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: What is your personal style?

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2193624;
    As Jeff Foxworthy says: "Women always want to know what men are thinking. Here's what men are REALLY thinking: ~I want a beer and I want to see something naked!~ and that's it. We don't have any other thoughts than that!" My husband says yes, that's pretty much true!
    Or they like anything you wear that comes off easy and looks great on the floor in 3.2 seconds.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2193624;
    He has EXACTLY 4 pairs of shoes: work boots, flip flops, dress shoes (20 year old black loafters.
    SOMEBODY has a fetish!

Men are so simple anyway. As Jeff Foxworthy says: "Women always want to know what men are thinking. Here's what men are REALLY thinking: ~I want a beer and I want to see something naked!~ and that's it. We don't have any other thoughts than that!" My husband says yes, that's pretty much true!
    Not true!! I've never even HAD a beer!
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2193722;
    Sunday he came out in a shirt that I gave him before we got married (18 years ago). He wore it to church. I said: "do you know how old that shirt is?" He said no and I told him and he said: "but its still good". Yeah, it is still good, but in style? Not exactly. He hates to shop, hates to dress up and only wears a tie to weddings and funerals.

He is a jeans, flip flop and t-shirt guy. But he will put on nice slacks and a nice (although OLD) shirt for church. And I can get him in a decent shirt and jeans for dinner out instead of a t-shirt. He really has no style.
    Okay, I win (sort of ) - Mr. rosiedog is much more the stylin' guy than Mr. Rattus is. Mr. Rattus wore a tie to neither his brother's wedding nor his mother's funeral (she would have been offended if he had worn one). No matter how much I tell him he looks sexy in a shirt (dress shirt, flannel shirt, denim shirt - it doesn't matter, just as long as it has buttons), he won't wear anything but t-shirts. And on his feet are running shoes or hikers, that's it. And for years and year and years he wore this biker style leather jacket that I just loathed until one day it finally fell apart too much for me to fix. Whoopee, I thought, I can talk him into a nice leather jacket. But no, he headed down to a used leather shop on Queen Street and bought one just like the one that just died. Sigh. Sadly I was with him and helped him find one that fit properly. I just can't nag a husband into looking good when I really wouldn't appreciate it if he did it to me.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2193780;
    Okay, I win (sort of ) - Mr. rosiedog is much more the stylin' guy than Mr. Rattus is. Mr. Rattus wore a tie to neither his brother's wedding nor his mother's funeral (she would have been offended if he had worn one). No matter how much I tell him he looks sexy in a shirt (dress shirt, flannel shirt, denim shirt - it doesn't matter, just as long as it has buttons), he won't wear anything but t-shirts. And on his feet are running shoes or hikers, that's it. And for years and year and years he wore this biker style leather jacket that I just loathed until one day it finally fell apart too much for me to fix. Whoopee, I thought, I can talk him into a nice leather jacket. But no, he headed down to a used leather shop on Queen Street and bought one just like the one that just died. Sigh. Sadly I was with him and helped him find one that fit properly. I just can't nag a husband into looking good when I really wouldn't appreciate it if he did it to me.
    I am not even going to show this to mine as he would say he was "stylin'"

We went to one of his co-workers weddings one time. It was at a beautiful gazebo in a park. Beautifully decorated, nice wedding. It was also Florida and hot. I wore a dress, no pantyhose which I used to think was blasphemy for a wedding, funeral or church. Hubby wore a docker kind of slacks (wont' pay for Dockers, this was probably the Walmart brand) and a dress shirt, no tie and no jacket. We met another one of his co-workers who was similarly, but more expensively dressed and had on a tie, but no jacket. Well, one of the guests arrived, in faded jeans, faded untucked shirt and barefoot holding a budweiser. He came into the gazebo and took a seat WITH the brides family. My husband and his co-worker both said: and we thought we were underdressed because we didn't wear a tie or jacket. This man proceded to drink his beer during the ceremony.

I have NOW seen everything I think.

ANd Newf, you're right, he does have a fetish. He'd love to "lose" the dress shoes, but I won't let him.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I Is Stephanie
    Well, I'm very skinny. Like, really. I make America's Next Top Model look like The Biggest Loser. This limits my clothing choice, so I ALWAYS wear jeans, right now I'm into this pewter-like shade... I'd say it's a dusty blue, but it's too black to be blue, yet too blue to be black.

And I'm into color, so I don't have one color of shirt that I always wear. I do have a lot of blue, but that's balanced out by the orange GAP pullover that I waer, and the 6 different colored warm-up-suit type sweaters that I wear, New York Laundry brand, if you were wondering.

I have 1 black stripe of eyeliner underneath my eyes, and my signature eyeshadow color- Smoke Blue, by CoverGirl.

I wear black skateboard sneakers, even though I've never been on a skateboard in my life. Adios, currently, and they have pink and black laces.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

11sstephanie, I'm also very skinny, but I'm a male. Added to this I'm tall (197 cm). So basically, here are some typical problems I encounter when going shopping for clothes (I so don't like shopping for clothes for these reasons, so limits what I can wear...)

*Finding jeans long enough and "small waisted" (if I find a pair long enough, they use to be wrong model or colour/wash). There is always a compromise to be made. Like right now. I found the perfect fit jeans of the Swedish "Acne" brand. The only problem is I need 36 length but they only make 34. In other words, I walk around with
    *Sweaters are too big (especially jackets and sweaters are created on the assumption that you've got an average build), I typically only fill out a Medium or Large, while in reality I need Extra Large for the sleeves to be long enough.

In short, you don't want clothes that are too big for you (like you're walking around with a tent on you body) and you don't want clothes that are too small for you. The size factor is very important, it does not matter if the model or the colour is great, you need the fit.

But this thread is supposed to be about style. So, I'd say I don't care about what's hot or not (but once in a while I might buy something that I've read about). I wear clothes I like in colours that go well with my hair colour and complexion/skin tone. Perhaps you can say that I dress more stylish than street if that's some indication...
    Last edited by fredlun; 01-04-2007 at 10:49 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345