+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What is your personal style?

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2192404;
    Although despite my holiday eating, my weight is now down 130 pounds in 10 months!
    Congrats!!!!

As good a cook as you are, I don't know how you don't eat more!

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2191356;
    If it's cold, I'll add an Ohio State sweatshirt.
    Right on!

I'm mainly jeans and t-shirts, sweatshirts and sweaters in the winter. I wear tennies or black loafer type shoes in winter, mostly flip flops in summer. I'm not trendy either but try to not wear "mom" jeans or anything like that

I've been told that I'm a girly-girl. But I have many different sides to me.

I used to work in corporate offices, so I had the boardroom suit thing going on. Then for several sport organizations, like the Commonwealth Games, Universiade and Olympics, so I had to be more sporty.

At home I'm definitely a fuzzy sweater girl with plenty of silk pyjamas. But I also have flannel, love high heels but walk around barefoot most of the time at home. Jeans and t's work well too.

I have a few beautiful squinned dressy things, but I also own my own steel-toed boots and two construction hats; and safety glasses.

I'm at home going to a tea party or climbing up ladders to cut tree branches with a saw. I like to cook and have frilly pillows on my bed, but I can clean moss off my roof and mow the lawn too.

Maybe I'm just confused
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2192504;
    Congrats!!!!

As good a cook as you are, I don't know how you don't eat more!
    I can't eat more. I had weight loss surgery and my stomach only holds about 3 oz of food. If I overeat, there is nowhere for it to go and it comes back. After a few times of that, you learn NOT to overeat.

So now I get to enjoy what I eat, but I can't eat too much. So I found that I do savor what I get now, instead of just shoveling it in.

But thanks. I'm feeling great and pretty happy with the weight loss. I can't tell you the things that I can do now that sound stupid, but make me happy that I can do: I can paint my own toenails, tie my own shoes, cross my legs, stand close to my husband when I hug him instead of my stomach being in the way. I can sit in the recliner and there is room for a dog to sit next to me. I can sit crosslegged on the couch or floor. I can go up and down stairs easier. I have more energy, can buy clothes off the rack, go rappelling, just basically enjoy my life a lot more before being hampered by that extra 130 pound person I was carrying around.

I think we all have different sides to us. On Sunday mornings, I'm pretty dressed up and I enjoy it. At home, I'm in flannel PJ's or sweat pants. When I run errands, jeans and sweatshirt.
    I can go from sequined fancy with heels to grunge. I must be a multiple personality as I can do soccer mom, hippie, grunge, professional suit, slinky cocktail dress, etc. I have outfits for ALL my moods!
    Last edited by MRD; 01-02-2007 at 05:24 PM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2192901;
    I have outfits for ALL my moods!
    That's part of the fun of being a woman!

Men are the same way--I have jeans, flannels, and work boots, which pretty well covers all one of my moods
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Lmao! It's always you, Newfherder, you keep it simple. I however can't, I love trench coats.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

MRD
    Newf, You sound like my husband.

He has EXACTLY 4 pairs of shoes: work boots, flip flops, dress shoes (20 year old black loafters. I know how old they are as I bought them for him for our engagement party) and a pair of top siders. He says he does not require more than that.

I on the other hand have about 40 pairs of shoes. And yes, I need ALL of them!

Men are so simple anyway. As Jeff Foxworthy says: "Women always want to know what men are thinking. Here's what men are REALLY thinking: ~I want a beer and I want to see something naked!~ and that's it. We don't have any other thoughts than that!" My husband says yes, that's pretty much true!

rosiedog, your husband and mine sound quite like minded. Mr. Rattus would completely agree that beer and nekkid are ultimately what is most important (though Mr. Rattus would throw music in there, as well), and his one and only pair of shoes approaching anywhere near fancy (Rockport Oxford style walking shoes) were purchased by me twenty years ago for Christmas. I'm pretty sure these guys will be wearing those shoes at their eightieth birthday parties.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2193647;
    rosiedog, your husband and mine sound quite like minded. Mr. Rattus would completely agree that beer and nekkid are ultimately what is most important (though Mr. Rattus would throw music in there, as well), and his one and only pair of shoes approaching anywhere near fancy (Rockport Oxford style walking shoes) were purchased by me twenty years ago for Christmas. I'm pretty sure these guys will be wearing those shoes at their eightieth birthday parties.
    Probably! Although, he did have to buy a new pair of "boat" shoes a couple years ago as the old ones which I know had to be at least 10 years old, came apart. He was talking about taking them to the shoe repair place and I said: NO, go buy a new, non nasty pair. They are not THAT expensive.

Sunday he came out in a shirt that I gave him before we got married (18 years ago). He wore it to church. I said: "do you know how old that shirt is?" He said no and I told him and he said: "but its still good". Yeah, it is still good, but in style? Not exactly. He hates to shop, hates to dress up and only wears a tie to weddings and funerals.

He is a jeans, flip flop and t-shirt guy. But he will put on nice slacks and a nice (although OLD) shirt for church. And I can get him in a decent shirt and jeans for dinner out instead of a t-shirt. He really has no style.

I remember one time he was pumping gas and this was in 1990 or 1991. He had on jeans with holes in the knees, that were frayed and the jeans almost white from being washed. scuffy work boots and a flannel shirt and this teenager came out of the store and looked at him (he also has a beard) and says: "Hey man, you're cool, I didn't know old guys were into grunge". I thought I would fall over laughing. He was abotu 30 when this happened. He told the kid: "Hey, I've always dressed like this". Which was true. So he's made a parody of that song: "I was country before country was cool" into "I was grunge before grunge was cool". He thinks he's hysterically funny. You can guess how often I think he is.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast