+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What is your personal style?

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    First of all, i'm a sucker for a good trench coat, i can't get enough of them.
    I enjoy a good pair of levi's low-rise boot cut jeans, but as long as they're low-rise no matter what the label, it's all good. So in essence i am a jeans and tee shirt girl with a sweater of some sort always on.
    I like sneakers, flip flops and boots, i own only 2 pairs of heels though.
    I enjoy skirts ( knee length) and dresses depending on the whether.
    I definitely like to mix it up.
    If i'm going somewhere i do bother to throw some clothes on, if not, my capris', shorts or pj bottoms will do.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Here's your sign JAFO'S PRINCESS's Avatar
    Ahhh, Spring is trying to get here. Time for capirs, tank tops and sandals. I love showing off my tattoos so this is my favorite time of year. There's just something about that shocked gasp when people see me. Hehehehe. Then when I say something and I'm not some moron or a "biker chick". Gotta love small minded people.

My personal style? Shocking. It helps weed out the idiots.
    I might as well work. I'm in a bad mood anyway.
    "I like to base my help on how happy you expect to be." Dogbert's tech support.

MRD
    Is Walmart a style????

Personally I like the boho look. Reminds me of what I used to wear in the 70's and the long skirts mean you don't have to shave your legs everyday! Or wear pantyhose. Another plus!

I like the tunics too. I'm over short t-shirts with belly hanging out. I need the extra length to hide stuff.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I feel so boring next to the rest of you!

I'm pretty plain... slacks & a fitted t-shirt under a shrug or cardigan for work in the winter. In the summer, I'm a little more flamboyant and wear surfer skirts, capris, skorts, all in bright summer colours with tank tops or more fitted t's.

I do like to dress girly a lot of the time, but I also like to look put together. Today I'm wearing a vintage looking brown t'shirt that reads in script across the bust "It's all up to you..." from Jacob Connexion, and fitted low rise indigo jeans. I have knee high 3" heeled boots on as well. Since I'm 5'4 and very curvy, I have to wear boots with most of my jeans since I'm not tall enough for them... stupid designers! Short people are not sticks, and not all of us can fit into a 0, 2, 4, 6, 8 and even a 10 sometimes.

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

OK, I'm revivng an old thread, but I really don't know how to respond the question asked. Ever since I started sewing my own clothes this summer, I have really gotten a change in my personal style, even with the clothes I buy.

I study physics and the majority of my friends are physicists, and yes the prejudice is true, we don't dress too well . I like sticking out (being a girl in physics is not just enough for me ) so I like wearing lots of colours. I'm also into layering, short tops over long T-shirts (I think it looks better than what it sounds now that I'm typing it out).

Lately I have really gotten into wearing skirts and dresses (just got two new winter dresses for everyday use yesterday), not just for the week-end and parties. I like to wear things that are not what everyone wears and to stick out a bit, I still make sure that all of my clothes are appropriate for work since I currently have my office at the radiotherapy department.

I'm not a sucker for trends, mainly because some people say that they like this and that just because it's part of a trend, I'd rather have non-trendy clothes and feel like I am me all the time.

I hope you could follow my thoughts. This thread really is interesting, but man it's hard to answer the question.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;1856800;
    I like the tunics too. I need the extra length to hide stuff.
    I hide stuff in my tunics, too!... chocolate, kittens, other people's car keys. Or is that not what you meant?
    Count your blessings!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    For everyday hanging around the house, I wear jeans and a t-shirt with a hoodie (love my hoodies!) and a ponytail. People think I'm more athletic than I actually am because I wear a lot of workout-type clothes (Adidas and Nike running pants, their shirts with the stripes running down the arms etc.)--they're super comfortable, although it annoys me when they have instructions like wash on "delicate." Heck, if the label on the clothes say Adidas or Nike, they should be machine washable and dryable without worrying about shrinkage! OK, ranting done on that portion...

When I don't want to be mistaken for FloJo (ahem), I opt for jeans and a turtleneck. I like the low rider jeans, too--not the really low ones that make you look like a bad plumber stereotype when you bend over, but the moderate ones that are cut like men's pants only with smaller waists (I hate the really high waisted pants--sooo uncomfortable!).

I have tons of shoes, but the ones I wear all the time are my Merrells (all purpose athletic shoes), my Columbia fake-fur lined boots (great for slushy weather), and my Mephisto clogs (in the summer). I have a pair of North Face running shoes I like to wear on the treadmill or when I go out for a run. All have good arch support and are comfy. I have tons of high-heeled shoes/boots that I'll wear with dresses every now and again, but they stay in the shoeboxes more often than not (although one of them will be liberated for tonight's dinner out for NYE).

For dressing up, I usually pick one of my many little black dresses. They pretty much all look the same and I should stop buying the same style but I can't help myself! I am tall and thin and I find that these dresses help give me a nice little shape! Everything helps!

My look can best be described as Dog Slobber Chic. Whatever I wear, I am soon covered in dog drool and black fur from the Newfs. Usually I wear blue jeans, flannel shirts, and leather work boots under the slobber. If it's cold, I'll add an Ohio State sweatshirt.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

hmmm... it all depends on where I go. For school, I usually wear dark denim, boot cut jeans, with a nice dressy-ish shirt. I like to make good impressions on people there lol. But then i have days at school where I wear my "i dont CARE" outfits. Usually light denim jeans and a blue tie-dye shirt, or a bright green tie-dye tunic. I've been getting into sweaters latly, too.

Weekends, I wear my work uniform, jeans and a red t-shirt, and when I get home after work, I usually change into pajama pants and a tank top.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2191117;
    I hide stuff in my tunics, too!... chocolate, kittens, other people's car keys. Or is that not what you meant?
    I need more tunics with pockets then to hide that kind of stuff. I was talking more about hiding bellies. I hate short shirts, so the tunics are great. I don't have to worry about raising my arms and the shirt riding up and exposing a lot of stuff no one wants to see.

Although despite my holiday eating, my weight is now down 130 pounds in 10 months! So not as much to hide anymore, but still, I like more fabric, not less.

I've really enjoyed wearing turtlenecks and sweaters and boots since we moved to a cooler climate.
    NEver got much of a chance and never owned boots before (no point to them in Florida unless you want sweaty feet and legs). So I have to say that I really enjoy getting dressed up for church (also our church building is over 100 years old and is like an ice box on Sun. morning) in my turtlenecks and sweaters and boots and a skirt with 2 pairs of tights on (my feet still get cold even in the boots). I feel all warm and cozy and comfortable.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast