+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Space

I like myspace now. I hadn't heard of it until the sleuthers in the Bachelor thread found the girls's sites on there before the show had even started. I was SO surprised at the amount of information they didn't care to share with the whole internet viewing public. . . But now I'm hooked.

I started my own myspace page after that. I put only information on there I don't care for people seeing. I had some info on there, but my husband mentioned that some employers have been going on there and searching for people's names to see what they can find out about them. Yuck! So, I revised it a little. And . . . people that have committed crimes on the local news have had the news go to their myspace pages for pics of them and tons of information. Now, mind you, I'm not going to commit a crime and end up on the local news, but I'm still iffy about what I put on there.

And, I've also been mindful of who I add to my Friends List. I only add people I knew from high school, from college, or have met in real life since college. And only people that are on your Friends List can add comments about you. Also, if you decide to you can make your myspace private and only people in your Friends List can see the info you put on there.

So, I'm myspace-ing it, but I'm trying to be cautious. I don't see anything wrong with it. I do think kids under 18 shouldn't put what high school they go to, maybe not even their correct city, definitely not their last name, and (The old favorite) 'don't talk to strangers'!

my link is in my siggy

FYI there's some discussion about MySpace and others on this other thread: Social Networks -
    Social Networks
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    eva, I can't find your site, mine is under display name joeguy2000 also check out tagworld.com its better than myspace and I have one there...same display name

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    update on mine www.myspace.com/joeguy2000 and also www.tagworld.com/joeguy2000 check them out and let me see your sites too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123