+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Space

( I love swimming the other way) Everyone ans their grandmother has one, i've adviced my friends not to get accounts.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I used to have a myspace account but, I dunno, I felt stalkerish and gross having a profile on there.

Also, many people there are pretty dimwitted for instance, I was iffy on posting my actual picture and instead, I put up a picture of Amy Lee (of Evanescence) and I constantly got these messages saying "wow ur so pretty" and "u look so much like amy lee" and it annoyed me to the point where I had to have a caption saying "That is Amy Lee, NOT ME!".

To this day, I have never posted a picture of myself on myspace nor updated it.

However, on the otherhand, I have a Nexopia profile which is the Canadian equivialent to myspace but I do have a lot of friends in real life who have profiles there...and no, I am not dumb enough to post my freaking phone number and address.

Oh yes, my other pet peeve about myspace: girls my age and younger posting sexually suggestive pictures of themselves. They all seem to scream "Come and rape me". *shudders*
    If you really did love music, you wouldn't limit yourself to just one genre.

Quote Originally Posted by EvaLaruefan View Post
    Any of you on my space?

If so, here's my page http://www.myspace.com/smmc
    Evalaruefan, we have the same birthday. lol.
    Stop the world! I want to get off!

Young and thriving, I feel infinite. Need I say more?

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama View Post
    My 12 yr old son has been wanting to set up a myspace account but I have been really hesitant and have told him "no". I've seen on both local and national news lately about how kids post so much info on their myspace accounts and its just a hiding place for predators to try and lure kids...I've visited some myspace accounts and while they are interesting and eye-catching, I just don't feel right letting him set up an account. Needless to say, I have had a very unhappy 12 year old........
    I was hesitant as well, but my daughter says that no one can write to her, or post anything on her site unless they are invited into her network. She also used crazy dates and where she was from. The only thing we can't seem to figure out is that supposedly you can make it private, so no one can see it unless they actually have your screen name.(if anyone knows how to do this- please let me know) We keep pretty good tabs on it, but I figure it's cheaper than letting her text message on the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama View Post
    My 12 yr old son has been wanting to set up a myspace account but I have been really hesitant and have told him "no". I've seen on both local and national news lately about how kids post so much info on their myspace accounts and its just a hiding place for predators to try and lure kids...I've visited some myspace accounts and while they are interesting and eye-catching, I just don't feel right letting him set up an account. Needless to say, I have had a very unhappy 12 year old........
    Long story short, I fell victim to that recently. So I was forced to set mine to private, but I will cancelling that one soon and establishing another new private one that only my close friends are allowed access to.

If you list yourself as aged 14 and below, your myspace is automatically private. You can also set it up where only friends that know your email and/or last name are allowed to send friends request.

Quote Originally Posted by JenTheSurvivah! View Post
    I used to have a myspace account but, I dunno, I felt stalkerish and gross having a profile on there.

Also, many people there are pretty dimwitted for instance, I was iffy on posting my actual picture and instead, I put up a picture of Amy Lee (of Evanescence) and I constantly got these messages saying "wow ur so pretty" and "u look so much like amy lee" and it annoyed me to the point where I had to have a caption saying "That is Amy Lee, NOT ME!".

Hey hey hey!!!!! What is going on here? j/k
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I knew I should have clarified which Amy Lee it was.
    If you really did love music, you wouldn't limit yourself to just one genre.

Leo
    Premium Member
    I don't have a MySpace account, and will probably never have one. There is a question I'd like to ask, though: why is it that so many MySpace pages are so ugly and/or unusable for dial-up users? It seems to me that too many of these pages have color schemes only the blind could love. Don't even mention the fact that all the pages seem to be specifically designed to make my modem run in fear, hide in the corner, then shrivel up and die. Is it always that way?

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Cwebb View Post

If you list yourself as aged 14 and below, your myspace is automatically private. You can also set it up where only friends that know your email and/or last name are allowed to send friends request.
    I'll have to have her list her age as 13 then. (she is almost!) The stupid thing about that is they are suppose to be 18 to use it anyway- maybe that is why they can't seem to figure it out! I think she lists her age as 100, but says she goes to so and so Jr. High. Thanks for the tip- I'll have her do that immediately.

Stinkerbell,

Anything under 16 is automatically "friends only". All that anyone will be able to see if they happen by her page and are not one of her friends, is her picture (my advice is have her set a picture that's NOT of her as her default pic) and age.

Myspace is primarly for people over 18, but it is also for those under 16. The only difference is myspace has tried to make those profiles of people under 16 LESS accessible to non-friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    why is it that so many MySpace pages are so ugly and/or unusable for dial-up users? It seems to me that too many of these pages have color schemes only the blind could love. Don't even mention the fact that all the pages seem to be specifically designed to make my modem run in fear, hide in the corner, then shrivel up and die. Is it always that way?
    It's not just dial-up users. I have DSL, and many layouts with "stop" after every scroll. It's very annoying. However, a lot of people also put so many pictures on their pages that it just plainly takes forever.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast