+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: I like it, you might think it's weird (Names version)

My FIL used to have a secretary named Fonda Cox...no kidding!

I had a couple of classes in college with a guy named Phillip Lander. He went by Phil Lander (and the name suited him!)
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

The very first car I ever bought from a dealer, my salesman's name was Ivory White. Not too weird unless you knew him. He was a 6'5" black man. (a little OT. I test drove the car with my dad so the salesman sat in back...he was huge and it was a Plymouth Sundance. I was impressed he could fold himself that well. )

MRD
    THese names have me

I went to high school with a Rusty Cox. Maybe he should have met up with Fonda.

There is a kid (girl) in my daughter's school named Harley Davidson. And I Have an uncle Harley. Name is Harley Ford. Guess his parents couldn't make up their mind which company they liked best.

We once had a minister whose last name was Land and he said he had always wanted a daughter so they could name her Alison Wanda Land (Marley's Landon reminded me of that). He used to tell about the first funeral he ever preached and it was for a woman named Idouma Best and he was young, just out of seminary and was trying really hard not to crack a smile when he talked about Idouma Best.

We had another minister whose last name was leek and they were joking about naming their baby Sprunga or Taka.

My great-grandmother's name was Mourning (after the mourning dove which was cooing on the windowsill when she was born). I had a grandfather on the other side of the family whose name was Robert Early Robertson (Robert Roberson, that's original huh?) and we said we should have another child and name it Early Mourning.

But the best one was the friend named Candy who married a man who's last name was Barr and yep, now she's Candy Barr. I'd have changed my name.

I also have a cousin who's name is Lynne and she married a man whose last name is Lynn, so she's now Lynne Lynn.

Psyche had me cracking up so much. I just can't imagine.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Dolan Dolan and Lynn Lynn
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd View Post
    Other wierd names we like are . . . Marley
    For what it's worth, I vote for "Marley," but only if you make the middle name be "bone."

I'll have to run that past Mr Nerd
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac View Post
    For what it's worth, I vote for "Marley," but only if you make the middle name be "bone."
    *starts printing tickets and getting the concession stands ready to open*
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

My husband had a teacher in high school named Mr. Hurlbutt. He is married to Mrs. Hurlbutt of course and she happens to be a substitute teacher. Can you imagine the snickers of all the kids!!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    I know a girl who's name is Kelly and she married a guy who's last name was Kelley....so she's Kelly Kelley...to make it worse, her middle initial is "K" so if she has anything monogramed..heaven forbid, its KKK...and yeah, we live in the South.....not good at all....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

The "Fonda Cox" above reminded me that I knew a girl named Tessa Dick. (it was pronounced "Tess-ah" but people teased her and said "tease-ah".)

There's a man in this town named Utah Canada, and his son is Utah Canada, Jr.

In junior-high and high school I was friends with a girl who's last name was Pepper. Her older brother was a veterinarian, so yes, Dr. Pepper.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

+ Reply to Thread