+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: I like it, you might think it's weird (Names version)

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama View Post
    I work for a real estate attorney and we just recently did a closing on a house and the sellers were John Johnson, Johnnie Johnson (a woman), John E. Johnson and bless his heart-Willie Johnson (he got left out).

Which one knew which one the parent was hollering for when they were outside????????
    My brothes name is John Jones. My oldest brother is named Claude III (my dad was Claude Jr.) and I am Claudia. Don't know what my parents were thinking.

There was a jewelry store owner in my home town that named his daughters Tiffany, Sterling and Crystal.

We used to laugh if we named our daughter after hubby's profession she would be two by four or hammer. LOL!

My next dog will be named Jagger. Not a good name for a kid tho, even tho I LOVE Mick Jagger.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Newbie
    I think the name Pilot Inspektor is a very weird name. Jason Lee's son is Pilot Inspektor. What about Apple for a girl? Like Gwyneth Paltrow's daughter.

giz
    I don't mind wierd names if they stay buried in the middle where no-one will see them! My son's middle name is Somerset, because that's where his dad is from. I wanted his middle name to be Petula if he'd been a girl (but would have had a fight on my hands there). His first name is very common though. I like a lot of funny middle names; Plum, Seraphina, Azure, Fabiane, Araminta. However, I'd never saddle an innocent child with one of those as a first name.

My pet naming peeve is taking a perfectly good name and going nuts with the spelling. How can it be a good thing to condemn a person to a lifetime of having so spell Caitlin K-A-E-T-L-Y-N-N-E or Stephanie S-T-E-F-F-A-N-E-E-Y? I just don't see the sense in that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by giz View Post
    My pet naming peeve is taking a perfectly good name and going nuts with the spelling. How can it be a good thing to condemn a person to a lifetime of having so spell Caitlin K-A-E-T-L-Y-N-N-E or Stephanie S-T-E-F-F-A-N-E-E-Y? I just don't see the sense in that stuff.
    I had to call someone by the name of Michaele for my boss this morning. First off, I had no idea how to pronounce it so when Makela answered the phone, I assumed that I was talking to Michaele. As the conversation rambled on, it dawned on me that I was talking to Michaele's assistant and not Michaele. And since Michaele is pronounced Michael, I then assumed that I was talking to the assistant of a man. Wrong again. It's pronounced Michael, and she's a woman. Arrrggghhhh!!! I am getting mighty weary of these embarrassing conversations. Why couldn't her parents have named her Debbie?

And one other ridiculous drawback to all these silly names is that every person with a perfectly reasonable name spelled in the good old-fashioned way now has to spell their name (it's A-N-G-E-L-A) because one can take nothing for granted any more.
    Last edited by Rattus; 08-08-2006 at 04:28 PM.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Newbie
    What about the name Bich? It's an Asian name pronounced "bik", but you can imagine what a bunch of 13-year-olds made of it.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Iloverealitytv View Post
    What about the name Bich? It's an Asian name pronounced "bik", but you can imagine what a bunch of 13-year-olds made of it.

Oh, that's as bad as the plant nursery here called: Phuk Lee's. He's asian as well, but I'd hate to have to answer the phone at that business.

Quote Originally Posted by giz View Post
    I don't mind wierd names if they stay buried in the middle where no-one will see them! My son's middle name is Somerset, because that's where his dad is from. I wanted his middle name to be Petula if he'd been a girl (but would have had a fight on my hands there). His first name is very common though. I like a lot of funny middle names; Plum, Seraphina, Azure, Fabiane, Araminta. However, I'd never saddle an innocent child with one of those as a first name.

Somerset? I like that!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

FORT Newbie
    There is this girl and her name is Schnell.This is even worse than it seems at first sight. "Schnell" means "Fast" in German. Can you imagine that name for a teenage girl of having "Fast" as her name. Should qualify as child abuse.

I used to hate my middle name growing up, no one ever made fun of it but it was different. I still haven't heard anyone else with the same name but I like it now, there are so many Michelles that the Lelan makes me feel special now .
    My boyfriend and I have been together for a long time, we don't plan on having any little ones soon, but we have already picked names for them.
    For a boy we picked Thatcher David
    And for a girl we picked two names Ember Isabella and Maleaha Karma
    I really like them and I don't think that they sound weird, but I've heard them so many times that Im not sure anymore.

MRD
    My middle name was Ford. My grandmothers maiden name. I HATED it and invariably was called Chevy, Edsel and other nice names. When I got married, I dropped the Ford and use my maiden name as my middle name.

My daughter's middle name is Eugenia. Her dad's is Eugene. When she was tiny, she couldn't say it, so she would tell people her name was Lucy A Genius Waggoner.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112