+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: I like it, you might think it's weird (Names version)

Jaslene/Felicia-Mollie<3 Cath31's Avatar
    When I was little I was so shy about saying my name and last name because people would make fun of it sometimes. And the spelling is pretty normal but people find someway to spell it. But now I'm happy because I have never seen someone with my name.

avy by martinique ANTM Mega Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ANTM Mega Fan View Post
    Aqua
    Anginette (I told myself If I had twins I'd name them Aqua & Angie)
    Sabrina (I like the way it sounds, my mom said it's witch-y.)
    Tatiana (After the Princess)
    Jayla (Reminds me of a sweet bird)
    Davida (Powerful)
    Galleria (Like the mall. I think it's pretty)
    Sorry, I meant Aqua as a nickname for Aquanette or Aquanetta. I know it sounds like the hairspray, but I like it anyway.
    "What it do, Shawty?"-Natasha Galkina

IN JAIL, WONDERING WHERE MY KLONDIKE BAR IS!?...
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
    Maybe it's a guy thing... PHIL MCRACK EN..say it slowly....

Not necessarily, My best friend (a 39 year old female) also has a fixation with the name and has even searched random phone directories to see if she can find anyone with that name.

She is a bit different, but I love her.. lol
    "YOU BREATH THE SAME AIR THE BILLIONAIRES DO" Russell Simmons

"We make a living from what we get, but we make a life from what we give." Winston Chruchill

Quote Originally Posted by catmom3 View Post
    To make everything weirder My Mother picked LaVerne for me. Boy or girl that was going to be my name. Gee thanks Mom. All my brothers and sisters have normal names Roger, Grace, Janice, Dale. Why me? I have always hated it but at least no one ever forgot my name. How could you?
    My aunt's middle name is Laverne. She was named after my grandfather who was Roland Laverne.

I have a girlfriend named Verneil. She used to go by Neil, but she finally got so tired of having such a masculine name that she changed it to Neila. I think that's a nice switch.

There was an article in this morning's paper about odd names. It said that if you're planning on using an unusual name, run it by several people first to see their reaction. I'm just against using names for the shock value. It seems to be a common practice, but that doesn't make it right, in my eyes. Why do that to a kid that you don't even know? You're sort of starting out with a stike against you.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    There was an article in this morning's paper about odd names. It said that if you're planning on using an unusual name, run it by several people first to see their reaction. I'm just against using names for the shock value. It seems to be a common practice, but that doesn't make it right, in my eyes. Why do that to a kid that you don't even know? You're sort of starting out with a stike against you.

That's exactly what my brother did. He wanted to name his son Jagger Paul...but we were so against it. Everytime someone mentioned it, we jumped all over him with every reason in the book to not name him that. He ended up with Brandon Paul and we are all much happier, even he is!

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35 View Post
    That's exactly what my brother did. He wanted to name his son Jagger Paul...but we were so against it. Everytime someone mentioned it, we jumped all over him with every reason in the book to not name him that. He ended up with Brandon Paul and we are all much happier, even he is!
    And so will Brandon be in about 12 years.

Put me down for being on the side of classic names. It's just a little too disturbing working with all these twenty-somethings named Krystal, Alexis and Tiffany. I really miss the Elizabeths, the Julias and the Christines.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Well, even the Krystals, Alexis' and Tiffany's are better than so many newer names. APPLE, anyone?

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    I work for a real estate attorney and we just recently did a closing on a house and the sellers were John Johnson, Johnnie Johnson (a woman), John E. Johnson and bless his heart-Willie Johnson (he got left out).

Which one knew which one the parent was hollering for when they were outside????????
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    My aunt's middle name is Laverne. She was named after my grandfather who was Roland Laverne.

I have a girlfriend named Verneil. She used to go by Neil, but she finally got so tired of having such a masculine name that she changed it to Neila. I think that's a nice switch.
    Broadway, that is such a coincidence. I was named after my uncle John Laverne. As I said it was LaVerne boy or girl. My mother went to high school with a girl named LaVerne and found out it could be for either sex. Lucky me.

+ Reply to Thread