+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: three out of three?

I love my "job", if that's what you want to call it. Babysitting for my godson and nephew, ages 3 and 1.

And my husband is great too. He let me quit my real job after I had back surgery.

But I hate where I live. It's a little town, they call it a village, if that gives you any clues. Ten miles from the nearest town in either direction. It has a post office and a little cafe. That's it unless you count the grain elevator which is one block from my house. And it sets next to a railroad track. It sucks. Allergy season is hell because of the corn dust that rains down on everything for about 6 months out of the year.

But, I guess you can't have everything!

Glennajo, at least you have the cafe. I live in a township, and I'm literally 10 miles from everything except a gas station.

Hmmm...good question, Jill.

Let's see:

1. I like Alabama, but sometimes it feels a little confining, not to mention close-minded. However, I can't imagine living with the insanity known as the San Francisco Bay Area again. Score: .5

2. The g/f is a lovely person, but we sometimes get on one another's nerves. That's part of being in a real relationship, I suppose, and not one of those Hollywood fairy-tale romances. Score: .75

3. I like my job, but a few of my co-workers get on my nerves. One of my bosses is THE BEST but the other...well...no comment. The co-workers I don't despise with every fiber of my being, I really REALLY like. Score: .75

.75 + .75 + .50 = 2.0 out of 3
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

FORT Fanatic
    phat, I should have known you'd have a methodology for this question!

Originally posted by Jill
    phat, I should have known you'd have a methodology for this question!
    Yeah, leave it to me to draw it out longer than necessary.

[30 page post later...]

"...and so, when you add the time the g/f spent putting my Valentine's Day gift together, with a standard deduction for yelling at me for forgetting the credit-card payment, added with the quality of barbecue in Alabama minus the number of registered Republicans in the State, I arrive at the sum of 'Things are pretty cool, I'm chilling."
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Thanks for the laugh phat32. I loved your deductions and your BBQ bonus.
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

Originally posted by John
    Glennajo, at least you have the cafe.
    You're right about that, John. Grandma and Grandpa own and run it. Free breakfast! Also, hubby's dad works at the elevator, so I can get gas over there if I'm running low.

Not so bad, now that I think about it...

Phat, I'd like the full 30-page document. Seriously.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Location: I am totally loving it here in BC, so 8/10 for that one!

loss of 1 point for goods and services costing more than in Ontario, another lost point for being a little to far away from a major centre to party in.

Job: 5/10

I have worked at alot of different jobs so, I cant really rate this one yet. If I get the fly fishing guide job I applied for this will go to 10/10.

Spouse: 2/10

Since I dont even have a girlfriend, I loose a lot of points. But I guess I can still try and be the cool single guy, which is fun, so i gave myself 2 points for that.

I'm all about getting the job and location down first, then I'll worry about the third one.

DAVE
    YESSSSS!

FORT Fanatic
    Originally posted by preroller

Since I dont even have a girlfriend, I loose a lot of points. But I guess I can still try and be the cool single guy, which is fun, so i gave myself 2 points for that.
    Bravo!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123