+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: For long term marrieds:fireworks at first meeting?

For long term marrieds:fireworks at first meeting?

I'm really interested in this. We all hope for fireworks when we first meet the one. So those of you who have been happily married for a few years or more: Were there fireworks when you met him/her?

Not even close! We met at a roller skating rink. My friend thought Mr. Bannana was hot, I thought ehhhh, he's okay, but kind of a geek. She literally pushed me into him. We fell on the floor. The next week, we were there again. He forgot my name, I remembered his. We went out for pizza with a big group of teens. After lots of conversation, we decided we could be good buddies. Somewhere along the way, the ember became a huge fire. I love that geek more than he will ever know - after 21+ years of marriage.

Married December 2010 Brightcryptic's Avatar
    My husband and I have been married for 7 1/2 years - we didn't have fireworks at all in the beginning. We're still pretty vanilla now, but we love each other and are happy with one another.

I met my dh when we doubled dated for I was at a formal dance in college, we were both with other "friend" dates. He liked my legs--it was the 70's, and he was so much fun and so very "familiar". It was the beginning of my jr. year in college and he was a 3rd year Med. student. We both felt like we were taped on the shoulder and "psst, that's the one!" came from somewhere. He was not my romantic image of who I'd end up with, but he is SO my mate. We've been married longer than 30 yrs. and are closer than ever. The day we met was his 26th birthday and I remind him that I'm the best birthday present her ever got.
    Last edited by girlsmom; 01-31-2006 at 01:02 PM.

My husband and I began as high school sweethearts 14 years ago. There was chemistry at the beginning, but no fireworks. I often had butterflies (and sometimes still do) but it definately wasn't like the movies.

My hubby and I met at a nightclub. Thanks to way too much alcohol, I didn't remember meeting him. We were officially introduced by a mutual friend at another nightclub where all of my friends and work buddies hung out at. I liked him, he liked me, but we were both seeing other people. We kept seeing each other at the club, became friends, wound up breaking up with the other people were seeing at about the same time (which we did not plan together, it just happened that way) and went out on our first date about 6 months after we were first introduced. On our first date, I knew he was "The One." We'll be celebrating our 20th anniversary in July.

Married December 2010 Brightcryptic's Avatar
    There was a time when I looked at my husband after we started dating and just got smacked with "The One". There weren't really fireworks, but just that overwhelming sense. He was so atypical from all the men I'd dated before, I almost didn't believe it. Then we were married about 6 weeks later! Once we knew, we just knew.

The "nice" thing to his career is every time he returns from being sent off, we have a reuinion and that keeps things special.

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom View Post
    I'm really interested in this. We all hope for fireworks when we first meet the one. So those of you who have been happily married for a few years or more: Were there fireworks when you met him/her?

Not on my part, but my husband said that he had them right away. I just thought that was the difference between men and women when they find the right one. Great question Girlsmom, and fun to read everyone's reply.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

I met my husband on a blind date. I knew from the second I walked into the restaurant bar that he was the one. It just immediately felt right. On our first true date after we met, there were some definite sparks! By six weeks of dating I knew that either we were going to be together forever or I was going to get seriously hurt. Luckily, it wasn't the latter. We celebrate our 10 year anniversary this summer!

We met at a party through a mutual friend. After our first date I "knew" he was the one. I'd say there were fireworks its just that it took 5 yrs to convince him to act on getting married.......very happy to say we have been very happily married for almost 14 yrs!
    Smile it makes people wonder what you are up to.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast