+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2006 -Year of the Dog

2006 -Year of the Dog

January 29, 2006, is Chinese New Year!
    If you're enjoying 2006, then you're going to love 4703. That's right: It's time to ring in the Chinese New Year ... January 29 kicks off the Year of the Dog!

The sign of the dog is known, not surprisingly, for loyalty and generosity. Need to spill a secret? Seek out one of these honest souls and bend that expert listening ear. While Dogs themselves may be reluctant to place their trust in just anyone, once they do, members of this sign can make the best business partners and leaders. And while Dogs might enjoy life more by relaxing their exacting standards from time to time, you'd be hard-pressed to find a better or more faithful friend.

So what can we expect from the upcoming year? The Dog is an ethical and idealistic sign, and the year that bears its name will also bring increased social awareness and interest in society's less powerful members. Any tendencies to take, take, take will be replaced by a widespread sentiment of generosity and selflessness. In general, we will all be imbued with the Dog's keen sense of right and wrong. You can also get a feel for the year to come by checking the compatibility between your Chinese sign and the sign of the dog -- the better your compatibility, the better your year.

Happy New Year and Gong Xi Fa Cai (may you have wealth and prosper)!
    ------------------------------
    Hey Everybody. This is fun! Find out what Chinese sign you were born under and that of your significant other/or spouse! Then use the compatability guide to see how compatible you really are! It's FREE

I was born in the Year of the Rat. My SO was born in the Year of the Dog. Although we are not the best matches, we have an 8/10 compatability score! Enjoy!
    http://chinese.astrology.com/dog.html
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

My youngest was born in the year of the Dog and that describes her to a T.
    She just applied for a summer camp in which she had to write an essay. Her essay was about ethical considersations in science and the need to use science for the good of the people even those who can't afford it. She is in 6th grade, I'm wasn't sure where this all was coming from..
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Premium Member
    Woo Hoo! I love dogs... Happy New Year!

I'm a rabbit and my daughter is snake. I'm sure that will lead to all kinds of conflict one day.

I've always liked being a rabbit because I thought it was better being a cute animal than a barnyard animal and its supposed to be the luckiest of all the signs. However, it really does describe me to a "T" and that annoys me. There are some negative aspects of being a rabbit that I'd rather think didn't describe me at all.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Well, my husband and I are both dogs. On the compatibility scale, we're a 7. That sounds about right!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Premium Member
    I'm a horse and Mr. Marleybone is a snake. Compatibility number is 4. We will be married 25 years this fall. Go figure.

My husband and I are both "goats". Our compatability rating is a 9.

"Two Goats can make an amazing connection due to their artistic sensibilities. These are truly progressive thinkers whose esoteric thought patterns may be best understood by another of the same Sign."

I'm a horse and my fiance is a dragon. We're 8/10 compatibility, and that description about those two signs together is pretty dead-on.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Me and one of my best friends are wild boars (Pigs), we're all loyalty and thensome.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I'm a Rat and L. is a Rabbit, 7/10 compatible. I think the description of the rabbit fits him pretty well, but I'm not so sure I fit very many traits listed for Rats.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast