+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2006 -Year of the Dog

Giz.

I found this to be of interest with respect to your current relationship situation. Does it sound familiar at all?

The Rabbit is a rather delicate Sign that needs a solid base in order to thrive. Lacking close, supportive friends and family, the Rabbit might just break down in tears at the first sign of conflict. Emotional upsets in this Sign's life can even lead to physical illnesses. Rabbits dislike arguments and other conflict and will try anything to avoid a fight; this results in something of a pushover nature. Rabbits can also lapse into pessimism and may seem stuck in life -- often to mask their insecure natures. Rabbits tend to move through life's lessons at their own, rather contemplative pace; it's a waste of time to become exasperated with this Sign's seeming disinterest in facing its problems and conquering them.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

giz
    Oh yeah, I am a huge huge avoider of conflict, as are all my rabbity friends. I also get there in my own time. Anemone posted this in the relationship thread. I was curious about the origin of the information as I'd like to see what else this site has to say. (Oddly, our son is a rabbit and our daughter, like her dad, is a pig. Our son looks just like me, and our daughter looks more like her dad! Well, feminised version of her dad).

One thing I'd say about being a pushover though. While, yes, a sane person would have given up on this man ages ago in some things rabbits only appear to be appeasing and are actually just giving up on getting consensus and doing what they intended in the first place. We have a bit of reputation for sneakiness. Also for not dealing in the darker emotions, like anger, hatred etc. I read yesterday that the phrase "Oh what a frightful bore!" must have been invented by the rabbit. Used when disaster strikes. House burned down? Oh what a frightful bore. We like everything nice, and so don't want to delve too deep into the unpleasant side of people. We also firmly believe that it's easy for people to be nice to each other, and if they aren't then there must be a good reason. My husband has been telling me for years that I'm not doing anything to cause him to get mad (when he wasn't saying it was because I was impossible to live with), that he's just blowing off steam. My rabbit nature says "oh, but who would possibly get angry if there wasn't a really big reason?" We do not get the concept of blowing off steam. At all. And all my bunny friends are the same. Big blind spot. You can know these things logically, but when your basic nature does not compute the idea, it does not compute!

Miss Kitty, I just noticed your tag line! Before my husband moved out, our cat slept with him all the time, followed him around like a dog. For months, before I knew the H was hugely depressed, the cat knew. Now he's all over our daughter, who's having the hardest time about her dad moving out. So our cat knows, AND he cares! That's some moggy.

Sorry giz. I didn't check in again until late. The site was posted on the #1st post. Thanks anemone for providing it. And yes, kitties are amazing.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I noticed that with my ex husband, he is a monkey and I am Tiger. Which is a bad pairing, and looking back I wonder "what the heck was I thinking". Dated a boar (as in year of) and that was a bad pairing. Right now dating someone born in the year of the Dog, it's still pretty new but, he seems more of a fit then most men I've gone out with.

That being said however, it doesn't mean that it will work out, it just means parts of his personality fit better with parts of mine.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    I'm a Rooster. My fiance is a Dragon and we have a compatibility rating of 9

A match made in Chinese heaven.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

Chinese astrology, Western astrology, any astrology--it's all nonsense. There is a famous experiment in which a group of college students were all given a horoscope which they were told was specially prepared for them, and asked how well it matched them. The overwhelming majority said it fit them to a T. It was then revealed that they were all given the SAME horoscope, and that it was really prepared based on the birth time of a mass murderer. Now ask yourself--did these students all share the same characteristics with each other and the mass murderer as predicted by the horoscope, or did each student just read what they wanted to read and make it fit themselves?

Astrology is a crutch. In the believer's mind, it absolves them of at least some responsibility. I'm this way because I'm a Libra. I couldn't help myself, I'm a tiger. Rats and pigs aren't compatible, no wonder we had problems. Venus was in the wrong part of the sky when I was born so I have no hope of finding love.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder View Post
    Chinese astrology, Western astrology, any astrology--it's all nonsense. ...

Astrology is a crutch. In the believer's mind, it absolves them of at least some responsibility. I'm this way because I'm a Libra. I couldn't help myself, I'm a tiger. Rats and pigs aren't compatible, no wonder we had problems. Venus was in the wrong part of the sky when I was born so I have no hope of finding love.
    The same can be said for religion.
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

giz
    Well, I know it doesn't make any sense! But it's a bit of fun and gives us the idea we have a bit of control over our lives.

LOL Oh no, don't start the religion as a crutch discussion.

Of course most of this means nothing. (but to be honest, now that I have kids I really wonder about the "year of the ...." view pointe as I've noticed my daughther's class of dogs get along much better then my older daugther's class of monkey's) but it's still just fun. I wouldn't cling to a guy who was on paper the perfect sign for me, just as I wouldn't have ended a relationship based purely on someone's sign, but it is just another fun way to look at things.

I have found it highly significant that the vast majority of men I date more then once or have gotten serious with are tall, wear glasses, are the oldest or only child in their family of origin and tend to be scienfitic. That seems to be a interesting point in my relationship profile (so for me, it seems location in family of orgin means more then sign)
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123