+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2006 -Year of the Dog

I'm a Tiger, my ex is a Monkey.

The compatability rating is 2/10. Guess I should have checked this before getting married.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Happy New Year
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Gong Xi Fa Cai (may you have wealth and prosper)!

Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I've known since I was a wee child that I was a Dragon. One of the BIG events in my childhood was going "Into the CITY" for Chinese Food...once a year and the paper place mats had all the signs and traits listed on them.

I had no clue, however, what Sally's was.

Oh-oh. She's a goat.

Don't they use tethered goats to trap dragons? Or maybe that's tethered goats to trap T-Rex's...yah...that's it!

Our compatability rating is 7/10. Here's a snippet of their synopsis:

"The Dragon and the Goat can be highly compatible, but the strength of their relationship may rely on whether the Goat will accept the Dragon's strong, protective influence. As lovers, especially if they live together, these two can do very well together. The Goat, being of a sensitive, artistic temperament, tends to be something of a worrier. This Sign may really appreciate having someone so fiery and strong to lean on as the Dragon. The Dragon, in turn, will certainly appreciate the way the Goat makes their home comfortable and artistically decorated. The Goat needs to feel admired and appreciated by a lover, and the Dragon feels and expresses everything in an immediate way. The Goat will never have to wonder where it stands in the Dragon's heart."

This describes our relationship to a "t".

One thing I found amusing." The Dragon is also very lucky with money." My EX-husband, used to say to me, in a quite derogatory fashion, that "you're a money making machine", meaning that no matter what I did for a living, I'd turn it around to a profit. I never understood his snide remark; he sure didn't complain when my money bought him $500 drums.

He was a by the way, horoscope and character-wise. Compatability rating: 2/10. (No offense to other Dogs!)
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

I thought this was really funny! Do you have your RED UNDERWEAR ON?

Lucky Undies are All the Rage For Chinese New Year
    http://channels.aol.ca/life/article....24181209990001

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (AP) - Good luck charms are usually worn around the neck or on the wrist. But this year, Chinese Malaysians are wearing them under their pants.

Need a little luck? Don a pair of lucky undies for Chinese New Year! (AP Photo)

Red men's underwear emblazoned with auspicious animals and characters have become the rage among Malaysian Chinese ahead of the Chinese lunar New Year holidays, the New Straits Times reported Friday.

Red is considered an auspicious colour among the Chinese, and an essential component of feng shui, the Chinese belief of improving fortunes.

Retailers are cashing in by stocking up on these unique items for the Year of the Dog, which begins on Jan. 29, the Times said.

Its article was accompanied by a picture of three young women laughing while looking at a cut-at-the-waist mannequin wearing the reversible bright red briefs with Chinese characters in gold. The underwear can be worn inside out to reveal red characters on gold fabric.

"Red underwear make up three of every 10 boxes of underwear we sell daily," the Times quoted sales assistant Nabila Ramli at a department store as saying.

"Because of the strong demand we are also giving it a lot of space on our display stores," she said. The store has had to replenish stocks twice over the past two weeks, she said.

Even the prices of the items come in auspicious numbers 15.88 ringgit (about $5 Cdn), 18.88 ringgit and 19.88 ringgit. The number 8 is considered lucky among Chinese.

The characters printed on the briefs - in the front and at the back - read "attracting fortune," "golden fortune," "prosperous four seasons" and "swirling dragons."

Chinese make up a quarter of Malaysia's 26 million people.

**Bumped for Giz**

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    I'm a Horse.......

Thank goodness for open spaces, because the Horse needs plenty of room to roam! Energetic, good with money and very fond of travel, Horses are the nomads of the Chinese Zodiac, roaming from one place or project to the next. All of this Sign's incessant activity and searching may be to satisfy a deep-rooted desire to fit in. Paradoxically, Horses feel a simultaneous yearning for independence and freedom.

Horses crave love and intimacy, which is a double-edged sword since it often leads them to feel trapped. Love connections tend to come easily to Horses, since they exude the kind of raw sex appeal that is a magnet to others. This Sign tends to come on very strong in the beginning of the relationship, having an almost innate sense of romance and seduction. Horses are seducers in general; check out any A-list party and you're bound to find the Horse in attendance. This Sign possesses a sharp wit and a scintillating presence; it really knows how to work a crowd. Surprisingly, Horses tend to feel a bit inferior to their peers, a misconception that causes them to drift from group to group out of an irrational fear of being exposed as a fraud.

An impatient streak can lead Horses to be less than sensitive to others' needs. These colts would rather take a situation firmly in hand as opposed to waiting for others to weigh in or come to terms with it. The lone wolf inside the Horse can at times push others away, but this also makes this Sign stronger and is a key to its success. Horses are self-reliant and, though they might lose interest fast in a tedious, nine-to-five day job, are willing to do the work necessary to get ahead.

Horses tend not to look much at the big picture; instead they just follow their whims, which can result in a trail of prematurely ended relationships, jobs, projects and so on. This Sign really knows how to motivate others, though, and get a lot accomplished. Once they find some peace within themselves, they can curb their wandering tendencies and learn to appreciate what's in their own backyard.

The most compatible match for a Horse is the Dog or the Tiger.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~ *
    I don't know that I fit in with much of that assessment tho....
    My boyfriend/fiancee is a dragon. Our compatability is a 8/10.....I seriously wonder about that tho since we are not speaking to each other right now and it appears that we are heading for a possible breakup right now?
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama View Post
    .... Our compatability is a 8/10.....I seriously wonder about that tho since we are not speaking to each other right now and it appears that we are heading for a possible breakup right now?
    Maybe you should move over to the relationship challenged thread and we can all discuss it? Hope things improve for you

giz
    I've ordered a bunch of chinese astrology books from the library. See what they say. Mostly it rings true, well 100% for me, mostly for my errant spouse. He's a pig (!), and most of the literature says they do not like to argue. Well, he may not enjoy but he certainly seems to avoid the pleasantries that grease the wheel of my rabbit world. It does say pigs are blunt. The site I consulted says that this year will be good for pigs in their careers, but that they should be careful with their spouses as if they ignore their spouses this year they may wander! So there. It also said that some pigs will indulge childish whims or selfish behaviour in the name of personal freedom. Pigs have mid-life crisis and lose all, basically.

Rabbits it said, will be very lucky, in their professional lives (so long as they do not overreach), lifestyle, hobbies and love. It said that they may find romance with a dog. I am so rabbity. I spent the day with the kids (walked to the library, bought some cut flowers, played frisbee in the park, made them panini and homemade cookies, looked at a few decorating magazines). I like being rabbit, it is mostly peaceful and always cosy.

Being a rabbit and him being a pig we should be 100% compatible. I think it's our childhoods getting in the way. (That and him being a damned fool). As Phillip Larkin said, "They f&*( you up, your mum and dad, they don't mean to but they do". (Years ago I read everything I could find on Larkin and his poetry, and it's this that has stuck with me! Larkin himself said that long after he died little Brownies (campfire girls to you yanks I think) would be reciting these lines and thinking of him.

I find this stuff pretty interesting. However, I am a tiger and hubby is an ox...apparently the worst pairing ever. We have been married for almost 20 years, and very happily. So, I take it all with a grain of salt!!

I am a water tiger though, and I would say that he does not have all the typical ox-type traits. I am a Cancer and he is Sagittarrius also supposedly not a good mix. The only thing we have going for us, theoretically speaking is that he is a first born and I am a last born. Whatever.

I love him, and he loves me, 30 percent compatible or not!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast