View Poll Results: Did you buy any gift for your "Honey" in Valentine's Day?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm male: Yes, I bought her gifts

3 17.65%
  • I'm male: No, I didn't, but I know that she cares

1 5.88%
  • I'm male: No, I didn't because she doesn't care

0 0%
  • I'm female: Yes, I bought him gifts

9 52.94%
  • I'm female: No, I didn't, but I know that he cares

1 5.88%
  • I'm female: No, I didn't because he doesn't care

0 0%
  • Others

3 17.65%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Did you buy any gift for your "Honey" in Valentine's Day?

This is kinda funny.

My fiancee and I decided to go shopping a couple weekends before V-Day, each to a different mall. Well, I for my part went to a picture/framing/art type store and got her a print for above the bed. She went to the same chain and got a print for me to go above the bed! Funny thing is, we're not art buyers, and in fact in the 2.5 years we have known each other neither of us has bought anything of that sort... much less for a gift!

Ironically, shortly after I picked/ordered/paid for the print, I found some earrings I knew she'd like... I got them, and wrestled with keeping the print for another time. In the end, she got both (hey, it's our last one before the wedding... and the only one where she has a fiance, so why not make it special?)

But there's more! So the day before V-Day I get a call on my cell while in a meeting... the print place... the print I ordered was discontinued! Chose another I remembered being beside the one I ordered... ten minutes later... discontinued. Go in after work, choose another... guarantee it's available... arrange pick-up for V-Day afternoon. I arrive to find the print unframed... I see a big white border with text around it... have to haggle to get it mounted with a coloured border.

Fast forward about 4 hours... I open my print, and it's not something I'm into (the concept was good, but the whole thing wasn't my style) so we go to the mall... poor guy thought there was STILL something wrong with the gift!

OK that was long, but I thought it was funny.
    Civilization is the progress toward a society of privacy. The savage's whole existence is public, ruled by the laws of his tribe. Civilization is the process of setting man free from men.

Click here

Funny story, Howard! Had sort of a "Gift of the Magi" flavor to it, without the irony. Congrats, too, on the upcoming wedding. When's the big day?
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Thanks Paulie.

Not sure I see a relationship between it and the Magi... unless you're referring to something other than the "Three Wise Men/Kings" from the birth of Christ.

As for the wedding, it's in July of this year.
    Civilization is the progress toward a society of privacy. The savage's whole existence is public, ruled by the laws of his tribe. Civilization is the process of setting man free from men.

Click here

"Gift of the Magi" is an O. Henry story about a low-income couple who each sacrifice something valuable to buy a gift for their spouse whihc relates to the valuable thing lost. Wow, that was confusing. Anyway, the part that reminded me of that story was each of you secretly trying to buy a gift that was very similar. Not a very strong connection, though. You're right about that.

Anyway, congratulations again on your upcoming marriage.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123