+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: What sound do you hate most?

FORT Newbie

What sound do you hate most?

I heard this question when I was watching Inside the Actor's studio. Michael J. Fox (love him!) was on.

The question was:

What sound do you hate the most?

His answer is "when your nose whistle's".

I'm sitting at work, and my nose started to whistle driving me so close to insanity for about 20 minutes . So I thought I'd pose the question to find out what sound you hated the most.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Petunia View Post
    I'm sitting at work, and my nose started to whistle driving me so close to insanity for about 20 minutes . So I thought I'd pose the question to find out what sound you hated the most.
    TWENTY MINUTES??!!?? Geez, I'd have blown it after about the second or third minute!!

Me? I hate to hear my telephone ring, so I keep the ringer off and keep the cell phone silent. I prefer to talk when I want to talk, not just whenever someone calls me (with a couple of exceptions).

Premium Member
    I hate the sound of the phone in my on-call room at work, especially when it rings in the middle of the night. I get this "thud" in the pit of my stomach wondering what kind of crisis I'm going to have to deal with. Most of the time it's just something I can handle over the phone but you just never know.
    I also hate the sound of crunching styrofoam, and when someone pops the bubbles on bubble wrap. I love popping those plastic bubbles, but when someone else does it, it drives me up a wall.

I hate to hear that piercing tone from The Emergency Broadcast System!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

There's a disorder called Hyperacusis that is an extreme sensitivity to everyday sounds. Sometimes I wonder if I have something similiar to that because the weirdest noises really bother me.

Just a small sample of the things that really bug me are :socked feet shuffling along on carpet, someone rubbing their hands together, papers shuffling, leaves crunching, any kind of fabric being rubbed, and water dripping. Oh and joints popping!

Interestingly enough, louder noises don't bother me (dogs barking, kids yelling, ice being chewed up). It's the more subtle sounds that seem to go straight down my spine. *shudder*
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

My cat at 4:00 a.m. every morning wanting to be fed.

I am living in the land of alarms...you name it: cars, house, etc. At least twice a month a house alarm goes off every Sunday morning at around 5 am...FOR 20 MINUTES!! I think the guy uses it as an alarm clock to get up for golf...

When my daughter decides to play cat. Her meow is very grating.

The sound I hate most is the TV in the living room droning on and on, when no one is watching it. I prefer a quiet house. My husband, on the other hand, turns the TV on the minute he gets home from work. He's not watching it - he just likes the noise. I wander through the house and there are four different TV's going. It drives me crazy!
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Oh gosh, Dinaihann, that drives me nuts, too.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast