+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What sound do you hate most?

[QUOTE=misskitty;174583

I cannot get over the sound of a dentist's drill. Hearing it on tv gives me the chills. They need to provide an ipod to listen to very loudly so it's drowned out.[/QUOTE]

Ok this is the worst sound in the world. I HATE it.........ipod they should for what they charge too eh?
    The Pats will be back next year. Watch out.....

The sound of my alarm clock going off in the morning.
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

The noise I hate the most is sitting down to a nice family dinner and ending up next to a food slurper-you know, the ones who chew while their tongues are coming down from the roof of their mouth while their mouths are opening at the same time-maybe slurp is not the right sound word to use, but I can't describe the sound better without getting a lot grosser.

MRD
    Whining.

hate hate hate it from anyone
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

The sound of machines such as leaf blowers. I hate the sound of my alarm clock. And I hate it when dogs howl constantly, especially at night, and when it has a peculiar howl (such as the consantly howling dog on my street).
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

Premium Member
    When people slurp their coffee.

1. I hate the sound of a child crying in pain and/or fear. It makes my heart physically hurt.

2. I also hate the sound of an ambulance's siren because it reminds me that life can change in an instant.

Last year there was a thread asking what FORT members considered the saddest song ever written and I have to admit I thought of that when I saw this question about sounds we hate. My response was the saddest song ever written (and therefore one of the saddest sounds for me) is Taps being played... especially at Arlington.

Okay, so have I completely depressed people now?

Mom3. I am with you about the crying children. When I hear a baby crying I almost have a complete breakdown. It's the worst when it is in public... like the grocery store checkout.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

FORT Fogey
    I'm back to reiterate that I hate hearing my telephone ring. I especially hearing it ring at midnight on a Thursday when I have to get up in only four and a half hours, and I hate it even more when the numbskull on the other end of the phone is that married pig of a guy who keeps bugging me to have a fling with him.

On the bright side, however, now that I'm wide awake (and ticked off) I get to listen to one of my very favorite sounds -- the sound of my little, old, white dog snoring. She almost never sleeps when I'm around, so it's very cute to hear her snoring like a little person!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac View Post
    I hate it even more when the numbskull on the other end of the phone is that married pig of a guy who keeps bugging me to have a fling with him.
    What a loser! A pig is right! (I don't think I've ever used the pig smiley before.)

I hate the sound of my husband's alarm clock at 5am. He rarely hears it before I do. So, I'm the one waking him up...not the clock... by yelling at him to turn it off!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast