+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What sound do you hate most?

Gabriel #2 One of my kids "cat"erwalling because something is wrong with her/him and I am too stoopit to know their language.

calahanmac Also annoying, the kitties howling in the middle of the night for no reason at all.

Um, that's the way they talk in their sleep.

I cannot get over the sound of a dentist's drill. Hearing it on tv gives me the chills. They need to provide an ipod to listen to very loudly so it's drowned out.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I crawl right out of my skin even thinking of the sound of a knife sharpening on a whet stone.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Gabriel #2 One of my kids "cat"erwalling because something is wrong with her/him and I am too stoopit to know their language.

calahanmac Also annoying, the kitties howling in the middle of the night for no reason at all.

Um, that's the way they talk in their sleep.

I cannot get over the sound of a dentist's drill. Hearing it on tv gives me the chills. They need to provide an ipod to listen to very loudly so it's drowned out.
    I agree - the drill is horrible. I could make a mint if I could just figure out how to make a noiseless drill.

1) Barking dog or crying baby that just won't stop.
    2) People who suck on thier teeth habitually.
    3) A radio turned down very low in a car, so you really can't understand it, it's just a background noise; either listen to it or turn it off if I'm riding with you, please!
    4) I can't stand to cut up whole chickens and things because of that...sound. I'm about to gag thinking about it.
    5) Folks who are trying to hack up something from the very bottom of their lungs. Go somewhere private...yuck.

I'll have to stop now, I'm starting to make myself sick.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

when people scrape their teeth along the fork while they are eating. horrid!

That nasty wet sound people make when they're talking and have waaaay too much saliva in their mouth.

And the sound of the phone ringing. I swear our phone rings at least 30 times a day.

I have foster cat that enjoys scratching her nails down my METAL door. She props her self up, and just SLIDES them down. And she does it to get my attention, because it makes me scream everytime and she runs over to where we play all excited with her tail up. That sound, horrid!

Also hate screaming kids in tight places, the chomping of gum, the sniffler - I always give them a tissue, they say they can deal - I tell them I can't, it's horrible. Worse is the one who you hear cough it up and then swallow it, YUCK.

nails on a chalboard, and certain peoples voices also set me off.

The sound of barfing.

When my husband brushes his teeth (particularly before he comes to bed) he does this (really gross) snort and clears his throat and spits in the sink. Besides grossing me out completely, it typically wakes me up from a dead sleep. Then, he brushes, and brushes, and brushes, and brushes and then spits in the sink, and the TAP TAP TAP (sounds more like a BANG BANG BANG) the toothbrush on the side of the sink. This ritual has been ongoing for 21+ years. It is a miracle that I haven't strangled him yet.

When the phone rings in the middle of the night - never good news.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Great thread because I'm sitting here at work, largely alone on my end of the hall because my boss has disappeared and our secretary is out sick. His phone rings at least 3 times and rolls to hers which rings and rings until the voice mail picks up. He gets a LOT of calls plus she gets calls from in-house people looking for a smoking buddy. The ringing is driving me insane!!!!

The other noise that really irks me is loud crunching of chips and the like. Most people crunch at a normal volume, but I don't know if it's intentional or it's some weird echo-like effect due to bone structure, but my sister and my father both crunch ridiculously loud and it makes me both annoyed and kinda nauseous at the same time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast