+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What sound do you hate most?

Some of these are repeats of previous posts, but heres my list:
    1- My phone ringing in the middle of the night - It's either work or something happened to someone I know.
    2- One of my kids "cat"erwalling because something is wrong with her/him and I am too stoopit to know their language.
    3- Nails on a blackboard
    4- Fire alarm going off at work
    5- styrofoam
    6- Bass booming in a closed car and I'm in my apartment with the windows closed and air condtioning running.
    7- My bosses voice when he says "Do you havea minute?"
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

After last night, I have a new one to add. I hate hearing one of my kids crying for me in the middle of the night. It means I have to get up! (It happens often because they both want to sleep in my bed.)
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Styrofoam. Cardboard. Trickling water. Alarm clocks. the Phone ringing... Husband snoring.

but the absolute worst, is my husband coughing. Followed by the sound of him shaking Tums out of the bottle.. Which he does every freaking day of his life!!! I always get so angry and glare at him. Just one day, one day lord please let me get by without having to hear his friggin coughing. And he's not even a smoker!
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd View Post

but the absolute worst, is my husband coughing. Followed by the sound of him shaking Tums out of the bottle.. Which he does every freaking day of his life!!! I always get so angry and glare at him. Just one day, one day lord please let me get by without having to hear his friggin coughing. And he's not even a smoker!
    My husband does that too. He has really bad acid reflux issues. But it is kind of annoying.

Also annoying, the kitties howling in the middle of the night for no reason at all.
    Here comes Avery! April 10, 2006

Same here... I know it's just reflux. But geeez it's so treatable. And why are his coughs so much more eardrum shattering than anyone elses in the world?
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott View Post
    The number one sound that drives me insane is people who pop, crack, smack their gum when they chew it. Just go ahead and kill me and get it over with instead.
    I'm with you on that one, Unk. I work with a lady that does that. You're 34 frikkin years old...you should know better.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd View Post
    Styrofoam. Cardboard. Trickling water. Alarm clocks. the Phone ringing... Husband snoring.

He may want to try Prilosec OTC if he needs tums everyday or go to the doctor about a prescription for acid reflux disease. My husband did the same thing with tums (still takes them from time to time) but finally he has Prevacid (prescription) which he loves. Also Nexium (prescription) works too.

Nails on a chalkboard, any time. Also, a lot of little repetitive noises that wouldn't bother me on a regular basis but just sometimes do -- someone tapping a pen, for example.

Most recently -- a certain co-worker's voice. He just has this monotone drone, and is never saying anything of interest, and takes forever to make a point, and I literally had to get up and walk away yesterday because I just could not take the sound of his voice for one more second.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

My husband makes this noise when he is sleeping, almost like he is chewing but without the teeth, tongue smacking against top of mouth. Drives me nuts.

When someone keeps sniffling (that snotty, runny kind) but won't blow their nose and get it over with. If you know you have a cold, carry some tissues in your pocket or somethin'.

Also, high pitched crying from a child. I know, I know, my own son was probably like that back in the day (I don't remember ) but when it's someone else's kid it really grates on your nerves. You know the kind I'm talking about, the kind you hear at the grocery store or restaurant and the kid screeches at the highest octave they can hit and it goes on and on.

Same goes for some dogs, when I hear a high pitched bark and they just won't shut up. My min shnauzer that recently passed () had that kind of high pitchy bark and my telling her to be quiet just made her do it even more (I think she thought I was encouraging her instead of trying to get her to quit )

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast