+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What sound do you hate most?

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    When my daughter decides to play cat. Her meow is very grating.
    Poor you, dagwood! I can just imagine!

And Dinah, my husband does that too. Only he'll have the radio going also.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinahann View Post
    The sound I hate most is the TV in the living room droning on and on, when no one is watching it. I prefer a quiet house. My husband, on the other hand, turns the TV on the minute he gets home from work. He's not watching it - he just likes the noise. I wander through the house and there are four different TV's going. It drives me crazy!
    I'm like you - I enjoy a quiet house, but my husband has to have the radio on. Like your husband, the minute he gets home, or gets up on the weekends, the radios, in every room, and outside, go on. I don't find it relaxing, it's quite annoying.
    The sounds that bother me are:
    people eating crunchy things- chips, carrots, and the latest my kids are into: necco valentine hearts. I have to leave the room.
    When my husband slurps his coffee.
    When my husband snores.

The number one sound that drives me insane is people who pop, crack, smack their gum when they chew it. Just go ahead and kill me and get it over with instead.

The sound of sandpaper on ANYTHING! Wood, paper, rock, it doesn't matter! Just the sound of sandpaper gives me chills, and not the good kind! Ugh, it's making my skin crawl just thinking about it!
    Go Tigers!

I hate the vibrating boom, boom sound of music played so loud that you can't really hear the music.

I can't stand hearing people chew - chips, ice, dry cereal, popping sunflower seeds..unless I'm eating it too. Then I don't mind.

The sound of my cat scratching on the back door.

The rooster that cockadoodles at 5am every morning.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar
    I hate it when people hum or whistle, particularly at work. It doesn't bother me so much when they actually sing outloud, although it does bother me if they're wearing headphones and singing so all I hear is their offkey singing.

I hate it when people are popping packing peanuts or bubblewrap at work. I want to snatch it from them and slap their hands when someone starts up with that crap.

I hate the boom-boom-boom of a car going by with the volume cranked up. It's even worse when they park in front of my apartment to pick someone up so they're their for ten or fifteen minutes. The law should allow you to take a rifle and blow out the speakers, like Bre did to George's karaoke machine on Desperate Housewives.

I also hate it when a little kid keeps repeating the same thing over and over again because the parents don't acknowledge that they've heard them. After the kid's droned "Mommy, mommy, mommy" about 700 times in 5 minutes, I want to scream at her myself "Pay attention to what your kid has to say for like two minutes so he'll shut up. It's driving me crazy!"

Nails on a chalkboard...an oldie but still gives me the creeps

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile View Post
    Nails on a chalkboard...an oldie but still gives me the creeps
    Me too! I could never stand that noise in school, and some jokester always had to do it to hear the girls scream. It makes my hair stand on end.
    I love you, you love me, we're a happy family...

The sound styrofoam packaging makes, kids scribbling with even slightly dried out markers, people crunching food (its ok if I do it!), kids whining,
    and last but not least, my wonderful husband snoring!

My b/f mimicking me. It's really high pitched, baby voice, whining, and exaggerated and I DO NOT SOUND LIKE THAT EVER!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast