+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I am moving into a camper

If nothing else, I'm sure you'll have some great stories to tell from the experience! Good luck...
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    If nothing else, I'm sure you'll have some great stories to tell from the experience! Good luck...
    That's a very healthy attitude to take, waywyrd and I can tell that JAFO'S PRINCESS has already adopted it as she embarks on this. I believe it's going to be a fantastic, fun, memorable experience and it's going to be a "positive," no matter how things unfold.

Me? I think it's a great idea and I'd do it in a heartbeat if the opportunity ever presented itself. Unfortunately I don't think it will be a possibility for me in the near future, but I've always been an avid camper and I think that when I retire I'll sell everything and buy an RV so I can take my home all over the country, any time I want.

**Opens up new Internet browser window to do research on the Pomeranian capacity of various RV makes and models.**

Good luck JAFO, you have a great attitude! Sounds like a lot of fun actually, and lots of ways to hike outdoors etc., if things get kinda close. I really hope you save lots of money, but I bet you will always treasure this experience.

Here's your sign JAFO'S PRINCESS's Avatar
    I got a call last night from a place we were looking at last weekend (the other called first) and since I am still waiting on tax return $$ The first place is holding it so I might be getting an even bigger/better camper. Who knows. We love to hike and camp so there will be plenty of escape from claustraphobia. Thanks guys!

GABRIEL- Since you have a Garfield avatar I guess you can come but you'd have to sleep on the table/bed.

Pom- If you get a newer model they have slide out 2nd bedrooms with a full bottom (on the floor) bunk and an upper bukn you can use for dog food storage! You could move into the same campground and we could have little boxer/pom/labs. Well, maybe not.
    Last edited by JAFO'S PRINCESS; 01-19-2006 at 07:18 AM.
    I might as well work. I'm in a bad mood anyway.
    "I like to base my help on how happy you expect to be." Dogbert's tech support.

Congrats on your new adventure!

My in-laws have been living in their RV for several years while their sailboat (their REAL home) is being gutted and redone, and they have loved it! As others have mentioned, winter weather can be harsh at times . . . I think at one point when they were in Colorado in the RV, they had ice on the inside of the windows . . . but now that they are back in Texas, that obviously hasn't been a problem!

Mr. C and I have a 30 ft. RV (a 5th wheel), and as soon as my daughter graduates (she's a junior now), we are selling the house and will live in our RV while we are getting our boat ready to go cruising.

So does your RV have slides? Ours has two slides, and it's unbelievable how much extra space it gives!

Again, congrats! I think your new adventure is going to be fantastic!!!!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

Quote Originally Posted by chrelsey View Post
    Congrats on your new adventure!

My in-laws have been living in their RV for several years while their sailboat (their REAL home) is being gutted and redone, and they have loved it! As others have mentioned, winter weather can be harsh at times . . . I think at one point when they were in Colorado in the RV, they had ice on the inside of the windows . . . but now that they are back in Texas, that obviously hasn't been a problem!

Mr. C and I have a 30 ft. RV (a 5th wheel), and as soon as my daughter graduates (she's a junior now), we are selling the house and will live in our RV while we are getting our boat ready to go cruising.

So does your RV have slides? Ours has two slides, and it's unbelievable how much extra space it gives!

Again, congrats! I think your new adventure is going to be fantastic!!!!

First of all I LOVE your signature line. And second we are still shopping a bit. We are looking for slides though cause they are amazing.I live in Indiana but if our pipes freeze coming in we have lots of family nearby so we'll ba alright. It does help to hear good things about others living in rv's. I'll let you all know next week (hopefully) what we actually purchase and how it's going. It will definately be different.

The way that rent and home prices are rising, I wouldn't be surprised if what you're doing doesn't become the next big trend with more and more campgrounds instead of cookie-cutter housing developments.

I believe people should be able to enjoy life and not live paycheck to paycheck with high mortgage and car payments. Why not live in a simpler home so that you can actually afford to get out and do things?! And if doing this gets you back on your feet financially, that is great that you are taking the appropriate steps to do that. Some people wind up in bankruptcy and on the street because they don't know when to quit spending. I have a family member that has declared bankruptcy twice and still spends like there's no tomorrow.

And the fun part is, if you decide you don't like your "neighborhood", you can pack up and move! Good luck to you!

ARCHIE COMIC FAN- Amen to that! I am SO sick of having to make excuses and scheme to try to keep the lights on. Thanks for the vote of confidence.

I am so jealous right now!

My husband and I have thought about this for several years. We were (and still are) ridiculed for having such thoughts. I say "BRAVO"! I look forward to reading how your family is doing with this move.

I love the idea of doing this! In fact, I've devoted considerable daydream time to selling the ole shack after I get it paid off, hopefully within 10 years, and getting a camper to I live in. If folks want to think I'm a redneck... wait, some of them already do, so the heck with 'em! Please keep us updated!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast