+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: skin care

skin care

anybody has any tips to share???
    i don't really like to resort to using medication or drugs as i am afraid of allergic reaction or side effects

i know a slice on cucumber on the eyes can help cute dark eye rings, but that's about all i know...
    each time one loves is the only time one ever love...differences of object merely intensify the passion

Do you have a particular issue?

Some key tips I have are:

Drink your water. Start and end every day with a glass of water and be sure to have a full glass with every meal...and a few in between.

Eat lots of fruits and veggies. I try to have a whole fruit smoothie (berries, nonfat plain yoghurt, apple juice) every morning instead of coffee.

Wear sunscreen on your face every day...even when it isn't sunny.

Don't smoke! It's horrible for your skin and will give you those little line all around your lips.

not exactly countering any particular issue....
    just hoping to retain the moisture in the skin and prevent any further outbreaks
    i've heard ppl saying tat woman should start maintaining when they are in their twenties~
    so...i think it's good to start early~
    each time one loves is the only time one ever love...differences of object merely intensify the passion

Sunscreen. Daily. I use Oil of Olay with sun screen in it, but even then I put some on during the day too.

If you smoke, stop. It just kills your skin. My younger sister is beginning to look older the rest of us and it's because she is getting these wrinkles around her mouth from smoking.

The water is a good point too. Drink your 8 glasses daily, which can be so hard.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

MRD

Re: skin care

I was browsing the skin care aisle at Walgreens and I really want to start taking better care of my face. I have always been very lucky that I only used dove soap and some moisterizer and was good to go. (great genes apparantly).
    Well now I could use some better skin care and I am SO confused as there is so much out there.
    I really can't afford to go whole hog at the department store.
    My grandmother always used Oil of Olay and her skin was great, but geez, Oil of Olay has about 100 kinds of products. Anti-aging, firming, tightening, wrinkle erasing. WTH???

I need advice. I looked at both the L'oreal and the Oil of Olay and I really don't know what to get. My skin is getting drier as I get older. I have a few fine lines. But sagging seems to be the biggest problem since I lost weight. That and puffiness under my eyes.

So anyone have any great products, tips, ideas, suggestions?

I really can't afford to spend a ton of money on this so what are the 1 or 2 or 3 MAIN things I need and do the anti-aging products really work?

Now that the feet look so good due to the Ped egg and the vaseline, its time to work on the other end.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

My dermatologist and Cindy Crawford both recommended the same thing, and I've been using it for most of my adulthood: Cetaphil. You can buy it at the drugstore. It's not fancy looking, but the moisturizer has SPF in it for sunscreeen. It's not greasy and is good for sensitive skin like mine. I also use the Cetaphil cleanser to wash my face and it neither dries or out or overgreases it. I love it. I've got all these expensive eyecreams etc. but I'm too lazy to use them...so I just try to keep my face clean and moisturized.

springkey, that's smart of you to start taking care of your skin now. I'm from the generation where we sat out in the sun slathering ourselves with BABY OIL to tan. Yeah, big dummies, right? Thankfully none of us got skin cancer but as I get older, I've got lots of sun spots on my face and body that could've been prevented by wearing sunscreen. Take care of your skin! A lot of women in my generation look older than she should from all the tanning in their teens!

mrd, I almost think that the antiaging products are a hoax. But then again, I've never used them. I've always thought that eating well and drinking lots of water was the best way to get firm, pretty skin. Personally, I think any moisturizer or cream will be as effective as an antiaging cream ... but then again, what do I know? I'm the dummy who used to lay out using baby oil on my skin to tan!!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2880859;
    My dermatologist and Cindy Crawford both recommended the same thing, and I've been using it for most of my adulthood: Cetaphil. You can buy it at the drugstore. It's not fancy looking, but the moisturizer has SPF in it for sunscreeen. It's not greasy and is good for sensitive skin like mine. I also use the Cetaphil cleanser to wash my face and it neither dries or out or overgreases it. I love it. I've got all these expensive eyecreams etc. but I'm too lazy to use them...so I just try to keep my face clean and moisturized.

springkey, that's smart of you to start taking care of your skin now. I'm from the generation where we sat out in the sun slathering ourselves with BABY OIL to tan. Yeah, big dummies, right? Thankfully none of us got skin cancer but as I get older, I've got lots of sun spots on my face and body that could've been prevented by wearing sunscreen. Take care of your skin! A lot of women in my generation look older than she should from all the tanning in their teens!

mrd, I almost think that the antiaging products are a hoax. But then again, I've never used them. I've always thought that eating well and drinking lots of water was the best way to get firm, pretty skin. Personally, I think any moisturizer or cream will be as effective as an antiaging cream ... but then again, what do I know? I'm the dummy who used to lay out using baby oil on my skin to tan!!!
    Thanks Lois, I used to use baby oil and iodine mixed together as tanning lotion. The iodine really boosts the tan. . I am fairly lucky that I lived in Florida ALL my life and never used sunscreen until I was well into my 20's. I have friends younger than me that have terrible sun damage and my husband does as well. But like I said before, I must have great genes, as my face is not showing any signs of sun damage as yet. In fact most people tell me I look several years younger than I am. But I really want to firm up some of the saggy skin and puffy eyes and just wondered if any of that stuff works before I blow money on it. The Oil of Olay products run from $9 to $27 (for Oil of Olay!!!! The stuff my grandmother used!!!!! )

I have a great moisterizer made from all natural products and the base is olive oil. It's been great for my skin. But I think I really need to start doing more than I used to do. I'm suddenly into pampering myself more (mostly am bored with hubby out of town and the foot thing worked so great that I'm ready to get on with the face, hair and nails now. )

Thanks for the reccomendation, I'll check it out.

Hey, maybe the babyoil helped keep the skin moist and soft and offset some of the bad effects from the sun??
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My skin isn't as bad as it used to be, but I do still have a few areas where I tend to break out. At times I have an oily-ish t-zone, but dry skin everywhere else. I'm slowly combatting the problem with a lot of AVON skin care products. Darn it, when to the zits/pimples stop? .

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2881395;
    Darn it, when to the zits/pimples stop? .
    I hate to tell you this, but I have greying hair, some wrinkles, really dry skin, and pimples. They apparently never stop, they just get added to.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2881395;
    My skin isn't as bad as it used to be, but I do still have a few areas where I tend to break out. At times I have an oily-ish t-zone, but dry skin everywhere else. I'm slowly combatting the problem with a lot of AVON skin care products. Darn it, when to the zits/pimples stop? .
    The good news is that if you have kind of oily skin, it will help you look younger when you're older! As for when will they stop...around 32 for me! I had no acne as a kid...just some as a young adult. FYI, I no longer have oily skin, but what the dermatologist told me turned out to be true...I have no wrinkles, and I'm 40. I guess there's a silver lining...even with zits!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast