+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: skin care

Re: skin care

I have not heard about the new Clinique product, Gut. Let me know if you notice a difference. I have a spot also on my forehead. I've had it checked out, the doctor gave me cortozone, which does nothing. I've tried a couple of other products, but they didn't work.

My dermatologist scoffed that something topical could do anything and offered to refer me to a doctor who could remove it more expensively, but I figure they can't advertise the way they are if it is total snake oil. I have high hopes. The funny thing is, I had one on my forehead too, and when I had chemo that one went away and the one on my cheekbone faded, but came back. My derm doubted that, too, but hey - I was there. I know what's on my face.
    Count your blessings!

Keep us updated on the Clinique fading cream--- I have my first 'age spot' on my hand and would love to get rid of it. Thank you!

Last week, for some reason (I had never heard of this stuff before), I spent $17 on a bottle of rosehip oil while I was in the health food store picking up a couple of other items. I googled it when I got back to the office, liked what I read, and gave it a whirl when I got home. So I've been rubbing this stuff onto my face for the past couple of days, and my skin looks amazing. Soft, smooth and dewy - almost like I was forty again .

FYI, if anyone wants to try this stuff, it does not smell all nice and rosy like you might expect. It has more of a fishy odour, but damn, my face looks nice.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I want to be 40 again too! I'll have to check it out! Thanks Rattus!

Rosehips, I think, are a good source of vitamin C and other antioxidants, so it makes sense that rosehip oil would do all sorts of youthful stuff to the skin. I'm tempted to check it out.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Not impressed with the age spot fader mentioned above. Of course it does say to stay out of the sun and it's summer, so whatever.
    Count your blessings!

Anybody hear of Aczone? It's a new prescription acne medicine. I had to give up on the Retin-A because it was just too harsh for my skin. At first it was great but then I started peeling again and it never stopped. I'm not one to give up so I kept at it for 3 more months, but I just kept peeling. It was gross and very obvious.

Anyway, went back to my dermatologist and she gave me Aczone. I've been using it for 5 days now and WOW. I've already had several people comment on how good my skin looks. There are still a few spots that are shrinking, but my face is almost completely clear now. It's not drying or greasy either. The kicker though is the cost. My dr. gave me a coupon where I get the medicine three times for $25. That is a years supply. They also have the same coupon for people with no insurance. When my husband brought home my prescription, the receipt said the 'real' cost is $291. WITH insurance!!!! I have no idea what I'm going to do when I use my two $25 refills. I'm hoping that the cost goes way down by then. Geesh. That's half my mortgage payment!
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;4045390;
    Not impressed with the age spot fader mentioned above. Of course it does say to stay out of the sun and it's summer, so whatever.
    This stuff really works - it got rid of the sun damage spots on my chest, and it is gentle to boot.

GoW Light n' Bright Serum / .25 oz

This whole site (Garden of Wisdom) has great finished products as well as reasonably active ingredients if you want to make your own. They also have a great community forum, and people who will respond with advice to your emailed questions.

And, no, I do not work for them.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Thanks! I'll look into it.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread