+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: How did you spend New Year's Eve?

How did you spend New Year's Eve?

Six years ago, my husband proposed on New Year's Eve. Every year, we try to do something special on that night....not this year. We moved on Friday and have so much going on. Our new house is beautiful but still a mess. There are boxes and more boxes every place I look and we're both exhausted. To top it off, he's got the flu. Last night, he was lying on the couch and I was unpacking in the kitchen. We only knew it was midnight because we heard fireworks down the street. So, I dug out some glasses and we toasted the new year with Dr.Pepper and vowed to make 2006 happier and more memorable than 2005. That's it. About an hour later, we were both asleep!

Since mine was not exciting at all, I thought I could live vicariously through some of your stories. So... how did you spend New Year's Eve?
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Premium Member
    How sweet, lildago!

I spent the night propped up on 4 pillows with my box of kleenex, a jar of Vicks, and trying to sleep for more than 20 minutes at a time. I managed to croak "Happy New Year" to my husband around 10 pm when he went to bed. Neither one of us made it until midnight.

I spent the evening here on the computer chatting with one of my FORT buddies overanalyzing Dick Clark's Rockin' Eve as we watched. If not for the neighborhood going crazy with the fireworks at 11:30 or so I'd have probably slept through it, but I'm glad they caused such a ruckus cause I ended up having a great time chatting away.

watched Dick Clark count down to midnite NY time, went back to the twilght zone marathon fell asleep around 11:30... normal routine night here
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Watched Dick Clark's countdown (how did Mariah Carey not fall out of that dress?), made a mess in the backyard with all the fireworks, drank some champagne at midnight...and fell asleep on the couch about 1 am. I refuse to go out on New Year's anymore.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Damn...I should've come on FORT and chatted with Libs too....

I went to my husband's aunts house, but we were home by 11, the kids were tired, I e-mailed a couple of friends at midnight, kissed my husband, said "happy new year" and went to bed. Woohoo! (can you hear the sarcasm...lol)

B/F has had the flu all week (officially diagnosed on Friday)...so needlessly to say, he was not up to going anywhere. we usually are out dancing every Friday and Saturday night so this is not normal for us to be home on the weekend. I made a bunch of "party type" snacks and we watched a few minutes of the Dick Clark's Rockin Eve. Kissed at midnight and then went to bed a few minutes later. Very uneventful but now I'm glad I didn't overdo it. Feeling like I'm coming down with the flu now.

DH and I went to a wedding and talk about a party!
    I think there was a song back in the early 80's that sums it up -
    Coulda been the whiskey
    Mighta been the gin
    Coulda been the 3 or 4 six packs I don't know but look at the shape I'm in.
    My heads a like a football
    I think I'm gonna die
    Tell me -me oh me oh my
    Wasn't that a party!

I heard today that my eldest son's band was live on television at a community new year's party. Kind of sorry I missed that.
    But hey - I was doin' some serious kissin' on my honey at midnight!

I watched some of Dick Clark and hung out here some, went out and lit a couple of Roman candles leftover from the 4th of July. I was up till 3 am, watching the west coast part of the New Year's celebration too. That is all.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Hit the new year while in the midst of a card playing session with the Husband and his dad...I'm turning into quite the little card shark.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast