+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How did you spend New Year's Eve?

My brother came over just before midnight to my new place and we toasted in the New Year. Then we stayed up for about an hour chatting and watching Law and Order, while tormenting my dog that wanted to sleep.

I have also just moved, so really nothing big was planned other than rest.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Me and fiancee went to eat at Shogun Japanese steakhouse...enjoyed a yummy dinner....came home watched Dick Clark (fiancee managed to open his sleepy eyes momentarily to wish me a HNY)...stayed up till about 2:00 CST....gosh...I remember the good ole days of clubbing, drinking, partying, dancing.....I've already gotten to old for that
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by lildago View Post
    Since mine was not exciting at all, I thought I could live vicariously through some of your stories.
    So much for that lildago. Seems like many of us enjoyed(?) a quiet new year's eve. Well except for Ana who's still hungover .

I had my parents, my in-laws, my brothers-in-law and my sister over for supper. My inlaws left by 10h30, then we watched the ball drop. Went to bed at around 1h30 knowing one of us would be awaken by our early riser of a son at 5h30.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose View Post
    So much for that lildago. Seems like many of us enjoyed(?) a quiet new year's eve.
    I may be odd duck out, but I've enjoyed these quiet New Years Eves for abotu 28 years now since I was 20 I stopped. More fun being at home in front of the telly with Mona & Joey.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I was another "quiet evening at home" girl. I've come to realize over the years that New Year's Eve is my least favorite night of the year to go out drinking. It seems like its mostly amateur night. People that usually don't drink go out and get wasted and ruin the night for those of us that do know how to drink. The only way I think I'd go out anymore is if I had a cool event to go to like Ana. Otherwise, I'll opt for Dick Clark and the ball drop on my couch and save my partying for other nights of the year.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
    watched Dick Clark count down to midnite NY time, went back to the twilght zone marathon fell asleep around 11:30... normal routine night here
    Me, too, gabriel!!! The apartment was empty: roommies elsewhere and Sally in Europe so I popped a bottle of Rose Champagne, had some fig imbued brie cheese with crackers and watched the Twilight Zone Marathon until 4:00 am, when I fell asleep in front of the TV.

But, I've got all my paranoia cells filled for the New Year, so I'm roaring to go! I just wish everyone would stop following me and that buzzing noise in my head would go away!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Hubby and I spent the evening chatting, laughing and snacking with our bestest friends and all of our children hung out together here with us. Considering the kids (6 of them - 2 per couple) are ages 10, 11, 12, 12 14 and 15 we counted our blessings and really enjoyed their presence for another New Year's Eve with us.

They'll be out partying on their own before we know it!

About 8 of us headed downtown and bar hopped. A blast was had by all, including the obligatory watching of a fight at the after hours pizza parlor.

I usually try to avoid the downtown scene as it takes too long to get in anywhere, hours for a beer, etc but after having two sucky New Year's in a row, I figured it was high time to get out and have fun.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins View Post
    Me, too, gabriel!!! The apartment was empty: roommies elsewhere and Sally in Europe so I popped a bottle of Rose Champagne, had some fig imbued brie cheese with crackers and watched the Twilight Zone Marathon until 4:00 am, when I fell asleep in front of the TV.

But, I've got all my paranoia cells filled for the New Year, so I'm roaring to go! I just wish everyone would stop following me and that buzzing noise in my head would go away!
    I had apple juice. as to the paranoia cells, no ones follows me, but the buzzing is there and who keeps watching me?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Spent the evening in front of the tv. Tried to stay up til midnight, but gave up at 11:30. Was almost asleep at midnight when someone in the neighborhood woke me up with those loud, booming firecrackers. I about hit the ceiling.

Pretty boring and uneventful.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast