+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Impulsive Shopping

Love the savings idea Lambkins. Of course I have no change, the little people use it for lunch money.

I think the boyfriend monitoring the money is a horrible idea happybanana because that will just lead to some huge fights. I have two girlfriends who are complusive shoppers, one started exercising (she couldn't shop until she did her hour of exercises each day), the shopping has cut way back and she looks great. I think hers was triggered by a mild depression and boredom. My other girlfriend has declared bankruptcy and is still spending. She cannot see she has an issue at all. She has tons of jewerly and keeps buying more. She has tons of clothes in all sizes but keeps picking up new things. I've tried to talk to her about not shopping so much but it turned out to be an awful scene.

It's a hard thing to stop doing, but you need to figure out a way to do it that works for you. I think realising it is the first step.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp View Post
    Love the savings idea Lambkins. Of course I have no change, the little people use it for lunch money.
    nlmcp: You give your spare change to leprechauns???
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Actually I believe they may be imps.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

in banana world
    Hey everyone, thanks for all the great advice! I agree with both lambikins and nlmcp, the boyfriend idea was terrible. I guess I just wanted to dump my problems on the first person available I didn't realize at the moment, but that would never have worked well, especially because he spoils me too much and would have let me buy anything I wanted.

lambikins, I've done the whole fill up the cart with stuff and then just walk away thing before! The only difference is I've done it with online shopping. I'll go on victoria's secret web site and fill the cart with absolutely everything I want, and then in the end I just close the web site, and I feel great afterwards. So that's definitely a tried method that works.

I loved the idea of saving the change at the end of the day. I think I could make quite some money by the end of the year, I always have too much change. I will definitely be trying that. I also liked the working out idea. I have a year-long subscription to the gym, but I'm just too lazy to go and always have an excuse not to go.

Thanks again guys!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12