+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Christmas Shopping Stories

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    When I got in the store the greeter commented on my blue hair. I smiled and tried to move on, but he kept commenting calling me a Smurf, etc. He started to follow me into the store and I turned and snarled, "Look, I have cancer. I'm bald under here." He stopped and I felt bad, but hey - greet me and leave me alone.
    Don't feel bad, he deserved it. He's not paid to be a smart a$$, he's paid to greet customers with kindness and respect (ok, that's a little much for walmart, but you get the gist).

Yesterday, I made an online purchase at Office Max. As soon as the order was placed, I realized that I ordered the wrong thing. I immediately called and within 5 minutes, it was cancelled. When I checked e-mail last night, there was one informing me that delivery was scheduled for today! I called and was assured that my order was cancelled and it was a standard e-mail generated by the company. Well today, guess what? The Office Max truck pulls up with the delivery today. I refused it but when I placed yet another call to these idiots, I learned that I was charged for it! And they won't credit my account until the item is back in their warehouse and the paperwork goes through a zillion departments. I was pissed and the guy was so rude that I asked for his supervisor. By the time it was all over, I got a $50 gift certificate! Of course, I'm still out $110 until they credit me!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

My only shopping story was I ordered some tshirts online for the girls. Got one X Large and one Large. (cute shirts by the way, one with a cute little dirty cartoon pig and one with a lovely spirt wolf.)

The X Large is signifcantly smaller then the Large which is huge.

Oh well, the one XLarge came from a web page that keeps boasting about it's great return policy and the the Large is going to a kid who likes really big shirts so that should work out.

I hate how you can no longer tell a size by the size, every place seems to have a different standerd.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

nlmcp - it sounds like the XL is a child's XL, and the L is adult. But you're right... being a large size myself, I always check what a catalogue means when it says XL. Sometimes XL is a size 16 or even 12/14 which makes me really mad. I refuse to buy anything from a company that considers those sizes XL.
    Count your blessings!

It didn't say child's XL on the bill, webpage or shirt.

Now, one on tag it does say "Jr XL" and the inside tag just says "XL" but usually that means Jr size which are a tad narrower then adult misses, but this is significantly smaller.

Oh well, if it doesn't fit, I'll return it and see how good the returns are.

But it is such a cute shirt.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
    Went to the ATM today, got the $$$ all stuffed in the cards. DONE!
    You need my address again gabriel?

Critical - cookies are a very nice gift. I can give you my address at the same time I give it to gabriel.

I always do my shopping super-early because I can't stand going to stores in December. They are always just so insane.
    Last edited by CCL; 12-22-2005 at 04:49 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

All done...I don't 'buy' much.
    For my sister, her husand, and kids, we're all supposed to go to a killer Mexican restaurant next Friday, my treat.
    Younger sister and daughter will get a trip to the new Georgia Aquarium, whenever they're ready.
    For my fella, I made cookies, a pecan pie, beef jerkey, and bought him some fishing lures. I put the fishing lures in this gourd that I painted...

My brother specifically requested "a bunch of socks and underwear" :

My Mom, Dad and I all agreed not to exchange as we all have too much crap laying around already!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    You need my address again gabriel?

Critical - cookies are a very nice gift. I can give you my address at the same time I give it to gabriel.
    *rifles through envelopes* must have already gone out and got lost in the mail.....
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
    *rifles through envelopes* must have already gone out and got lost in the mail.....
    Darn it!

queenb - nice job on the gourd-painting!
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

That is a neat gourd queen b, you painted that?

I'm impressed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234