+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 40

Thread: Christmas Shopping Stories

  1. #21
    FORTfruity applesauce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,099
    Here's my Christmas Shopping Story. It's a bit different. Last night I decided to run over to the mall and look for an outfit to wear at Christmas since I don't seem to have any more nice clothes. Well, I had a great time and found what I needed plus a great coat for my husband.

    I came home and my husband was sitting down watching the Stanford basketball game, my son was decorating his wrapping paper and the girls were fast asleep. After a few minutes of quiet, my husband looked up at me and said, "You will not be happy." Apparently, my daughter decided she wanted a Christmas tree in her room. She went rifling through my art box and picked out my green and red markers, then did her best rendition of a Christmas tree and decorations all over her brand new Pottery Barn Kids comforter and sheets.

    I guess I should know better than to leave all three kids with my husband when one of his teams are playing basketball.

  2. #22
    CITY OF CHAMPS! aliasmq's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    adidas Originals-Harvard
    Age
    44
    Posts
    809
    Quote Originally Posted by applesauce View Post
    Here's my Christmas Shopping Story. It's a bit different. Last night I decided to run over to the mall and look for an outfit to wear at Christmas since I don't seem to have any more nice clothes. Well, I had a great time and found what I needed plus a great coat for my husband.

    I came home and my husband was sitting down watching the Stanford basketball game, my son was decorating his wrapping paper and the girls were fast asleep. After a few minutes of quiet, my husband looked up at me and said, "You will not be happy." Apparently, my daughter decided she wanted a Christmas tree in her room. She went rifling through my art box and picked out my green and red markers, then did her best rendition of a Christmas tree and decorations all over her brand new Pottery Barn Kids comforter and sheets.

    I guess I should know better than to leave all three kids with my husband when one of his teams are playing basketball.

    Applesauce, no problem, I used to be a manager for Pottery Barn Kids, just bring it back and they should exchange it
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

  3. #23
    all hot air Ana Bannana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    in the palm of the mitten
    Posts
    4,530
    Applesauce - that will someday be a good Christmas memory.
    I remember when my eldest son was 3. He drew a Christmas tree on his bedroom wall. Thank heaven it was with washable markers! We lived in an apartment so no harm done when we moved.

  4. #24
    That's all folks! Unklescott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    26,558
    So I'm at Sam's Club checking out and asked the cashier about buying stamps from her. When she told me they only sold rolls of 100 I decided to just stop at the Post Office on the way home. I got $20 cash back as I was out of cash. I asked her to give me two ten dollar bills. She said she only had two and wouldn't do it. So after she was finished I purchased a 74 cent fountain drink so I could get change. She should have just given it to me in the first place.

  5. #25
    FORTfruity applesauce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,099
    Quote Originally Posted by aliasmq View Post
    Applesauce, no problem, I used to be a manager for Pottery Barn Kids, just bring it back and they should exchange it

    alias, wow, I didn't even think of that. I have this amazing cleaner that actually got out most of the markings. There is a bit left on the comforter but it is reversible so no one will know. Thanks!

  6. #26
    FORTfruity applesauce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,099
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott View Post
    So I'm at Sam's Club checking out and asked the cashier about buying stamps from her. When she told me they only sold rolls of 100 I decided to just stop at the Post Office on the way home. I got $20 cash back as I was out of cash. I asked her to give me two ten dollar bills. She said she only had two and wouldn't do it. So after she was finished I purchased a 74 cent fountain drink so I could get change. She should have just given it to me in the first place.
    Sorry to double post...

    I tell ya Unk, some people just don't use common sense.

  7. #27
    Who Dat lildago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    11,522
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott View Post
    So after she was finished I purchased a 74 cent fountain drink so I could get change. She should have just given it to me in the first place.
    Way to go, Unk! I'll bet the look on her face was priceless. Or did she even get the irony?
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

  8. #28
    all hot air Ana Bannana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    in the palm of the mitten
    Posts
    4,530
    Last night I finally got STARTED on my Christmas shopping for my 2 sons. (Yeah, I know - nothing like LAST MINUTE SHOPPING!)
    Anyway, we go to the local Toys 'R store, and I pick up a lazer tag set for my 18 year old son (still cannot believe I bought him that!) As I am waiting near the door for my kids to find their way to the exit, a security guard is standing there checking receipts and packages. He strikes up a friendly, if not weird conversation. Checks my receipt, marks it with his initals and then urges me to post his autograph on E-Bay. He claims to have sold his signed receipts on EBay before, and I am certain to make a handy little profit. (The guy was SERIOUS!) So, up walks my VERRY tall 16 year old son, wearing his varsity jacket. As they security guard is checking his purchase/receipt, I am explaining the autograph story to my kid. The security guard says "Forget my autograph, I would have him sign a pair of his old tennis shoes and sell them on EBay. I bet this dude is gonna be famous someday and you will make LOTS of cash on his sneakers." My son laughed all the way to the car. He said the guys on his basketball team might pay him to get rid of his shoes - cuz they smell so bad.

  9. #29
    Best Buddies Gutmutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Nap Time
    Posts
    13,441
    I wore a seriously blue wig to school yesterday and then ran to the hospital only to find out the doctor wasn't there to see me(45 min. ea. way). When I got back I ran to Walmart to pick up a present for my sister before I went home. By this time I was in a mood about the wasted trip and tired. When I got in the store the greeter commented on my blue hair. I smiled and tried to move on, but he kept commenting calling me a Smurf, etc. He started to follow me into the store and I turned and snarled, "Look, I have cancer. I'm bald under here." He stopped and I felt bad, but hey - greet me and leave me alone.
    Count your blessings!

  10. #30
    all hot air Ana Bannana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    in the palm of the mitten
    Posts
    4,530
    Gutmutter - sorry to hear your Doc stood you up.
    But nice line for the greeter. Some people just don't know when to back off!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.