+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Shopping Stories

Quote Originally Posted by applesauce View Post
    gabriel, I hope one of those cards is addressed to applesauce.

*rifling through cards* hmmm Oh I think it got lost in the mail.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
    Went to the ATM today, got the $$$ all stuffed in the cards. DONE!
    Am I on that list?

Mine is all but done. I have to go to Fernwood's Candy to buy a pecan log for my dad but everything else is done. Even cards. It will be a nice week.

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder View Post
    It was Christmas shopping many years ago that inspired me to write these alternative lyrics to Jingle Bells:

Running through the mall, as though I've gone insane
    Endless Christmas carols ringing in my brain
    Way too many people jammed in every store
    You gotta get me out of here, I just can't take no more!

I'm insane, I'm insane, I'm a Loony Tune
    Ranting, raving, foaming mouth, howling at the moon
    I'm insane, I'm insane, screaming in the night
    I try to keep my sanity but it's a losing fight.

Sitting in my room, with the padded walls
    Brightly decorated with my crayon scrawls
    The Doctor looked at me, and then he told the Judge
    I think this guy is nuttier than Grandma's Christmas fudge

I'm insane, I'm insane . . .
    Sorry for the double post, but that is great.

I am OFFICIALLY done shopping.

Tomorrow I will be baking cookies and wrapping so that will be a fun day. Then this week I can just relax after work and look forward to the weekend.

Can I just say how busy the baking aisle was at the grocery store today?! Dang! People were nearly knocking each other over to get the granulated sugar.

So I went Christmas shopping with my Granddaughter the other day and believe me it's been awhile since I've had to shop with a kid seeing that mine would rather stay home and play playstation. So my step-daughter loads me up with a diaper bag, bottles and a leash.........a leash? WTH?? A LEASH! What am I walking a poodle? So the leash stays home along with the 8 other bags she has for me. Sorry, but I don't remember packing for a Florida trip just to go to the mall. I get to the mall and proceed to a baby store where they sell the harness contraptions that babies can sit in while you tote them around on your back like you're hiking Mt Everest. We go to this store, that store, have something to eat...blah, blah , blah, baby is getting tired. Into the backpack she goes, So I'm shopping for about 45 mins in total enjoyment, when I notice that my granddaughter is not with me, I am yelling her name, calling her, going into every store I think I went into, *panic starts*, I'm sweating, starting to get that lump in my throat, How the hell could I be like those people I complain about on the news. I call my wife at work, she starts yelling, crying, leaves for the mall. So I head to the Security office, walk in almost in tears and begin to explain to the security guard my situation, he's trying to calm me down as I have my cell phone in hand dialing my step-daughter's number, he again tries to calm me down as I hear him saying " sir, we found her, she's ok" , now crying, I asked him where he found her, was she cying?" he replied " No, she's asleep........and strapped to your back"........Merry Christmas to me.
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

That is too funny. I'm glad everything turned out okay as I'm sure that is a scary feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott View Post
    That is too funny. I'm glad everything turned out okay as I'm sure that is a scary feeling.
    Believe me, after that day, I was the one who needed the diaper change
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

Quote Originally Posted by aliasmq View Post
    So I went Christmas shopping with my Granddaughter the other day and believe me it's been awhile since I've had to shop with a kid seeing that mine would rather stay home and play playstation. So my step-daughter loads me up with a diaper bag, bottles and a leash.........a leash? WTH?? A LEASH! What am I walking a poodle? So the leash stays home along with the 8 other bags she has for me. Sorry, but I don't remember packing for a Florida trip just to go to the mall. I get to the mall and proceed to a baby store where they sell the harness contraptions that babies can sit in while you tote them around on your back like you're hiking Mt Everest. We go to this store, that store, have something to eat...blah, blah , blah, baby is getting tired. Into the backpack she goes, So I'm shopping for about 45 mins in total enjoyment, when I notice that my granddaughter is not with me, I am yelling her name, calling her, going into every store I think I went into, *panic starts*, I'm sweating, starting to get that lump in my throat, How the hell could I be like those people I complain about on the news. I call my wife at work, she starts yelling, crying, leaves for the mall. So I head to the Security office, walk in almost in tears and begin to explain to the security guard my situation, he's trying to calm me down as I have my cell phone in hand dialing my step-daughter's number, he again tries to calm me down as I hear him saying " sir, we found her, she's ok" , now crying, I asked him where he found her, was she cying?" he replied " No, she's asleep........and strapped to your back"........Merry Christmas to me.
    I'm glad everything turned out ok, but I just had to

Quote Originally Posted by aliasmq View Post
    I know this must have been a frightening experience but this is one of the funniest stories. I'm so glad she wasn't lost...

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    Am I on that list?

Mine is all but done. I have to go to Fernwood's Candy to buy a pecan log for my dad but everything else is done. Even cards. It will be a nice week.

*rifles through cards again* dang! another one probably lost in the mail.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast