+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: New-Fangled Coffee Makers

Quote Originally Posted by Brodie View Post
    I'm pretty sure Canada and the US use the same electrical standards... Appliances should be the same in both countries...

Europe and North America are different. Europe is 50Hz North America is 60 Hz.
    Well, that's good news! misskitty: Weigh in here: do you have the same current, as Brodie said? If you live near the border to the U.S., perhaps an American friend can order a Flavia for you? I'm never home so I have all my orders shipped to my girlfriend's work address where there's sure to be someone who can accept the packages. Maybe you could do the same?
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

US & Canada have the same standards 110-130v 60 Hz

Also if I recall that nasty power outage a few years on the east coast, wasn't Canada partially out also, because I know we share transmission lines.
    Last edited by just1paul; 02-18-2006 at 12:19 PM.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
    US & Canada have the same standards 110-130v 60 Hz
    Thanks, gabriel! With so many large Canadian towns bordering the U.S. as "Sister Cities", I couldn't imagine that it would be different, but I've been surprised, before.

I checked ebay for you, misskitty, and they only had the commercial Flavia for sale, and not as a bid item. PLUS, the vendor was charging an astromical FORTY DOLLARS for shipping, whereas Flavia ships their machines FOR. FREE!!!

Having two machines now, I'll never go back to a regular coffee maker. I got rid of two Mr. Coffees,my Capresso, an electric kettle and a stove-top kettle, simplifying my life. Also, in the Chicago apartment, all the roommates have gotten used to having a Coffee Bar in the kitchen and use it throughout the day. Now, one person can have Costa Rica, another Exotic Chai, and a third Sidamo...and all in the time that a typical American Idol commercial takes to air! AI and coffee: what a GREAT combination!

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

I just did some checking on the FLAVIA website and found under "discover" FAQ:
    Q. Where are FLAVIA products available?

A. Currently, FLAVIA products are sold in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Germany and Japan, and other countries in Europe. However the FLAVIA FUSION drink station is only available in the United States and is only approved for home use. So maybe you could have it shipped to someone in the US who could get it to you as someone else previously posted
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Thanks y'all for the information on Flavia. My cousins just moved to Seattle. If I go to visit her I can order a Flavia, and pick it up when I see her. Great idea! There's lots of things in the US that I'd love to order but as lambikins said, shipping is almost ridiculous, along with the $ exchange and taxes and so forth. Maybe I should become a distributor? I do think our appliances should work together as gabriel indicated. And it's the Fusion Flavia that I need, right! I'll hold off on buying an ordinary machine then.

Thanks again. I wasn't ignoring you. Just wasn't able to get on the Fort for a day or so. .
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Just saw that FLAVIA fusion is also sold on amazon.com, but the price is 119.95 (free shipping).
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I'm sure the deal is nowhere as good as what you can get on the site, but there are also other reviews of the product on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=284507
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Thanks y'all for the information on Flavia. My cousins just moved to Seattle. If I go to visit her I can order a Flavia, and pick it up when I see her. Great idea! There's lots of things in the US that I'd love to order but as lambikins said, shipping is almost ridiculous, along with the $ exchange and taxes and so forth. Maybe I should become a distributor? I do think our appliances should work together as gabriel indicated. And it's the Fusion Flavia that I need, right! I'll hold off on buying an ordinary machine then.

Thanks again. I wasn't ignoring you. Just wasn't able to get on the Fort for a day or so. .
    Yup, the Flavia Fusion. They sell it for $99 on their website and if you order the machine, their $30.00 Variety pack is discounted TEN WHOLE BUCKS! Inside, you get 30 packs of coffee and teas, syrup packs, sprinkles and one of the best deals, a free travel mug worth $8.00 bucks! I've ordered 4 variety packs, in total; two with the first machine and two with the second machine. It's very nice when you have friends over: it opens like a book and they get to "Oooo" and "Awwww" over the flavour selections.

I was telling prhoshay that I ran a thermometer test on the Flavia temp today, and it came out as 175 degrees; plenty hot for me! And also, to really, really max out the FREE shipping, plan on ordering another water filter, so you're not stuck on paying over $8.00 dollars shipping for the silly thing, later.

To date, I've ordered over 500 packs of tea and coffee from Flavia, so I had to put in a new filter in the Chicago machine. With 4 people using it daily, multiple times a day, I wanted the freshest/cleanest taste around.

I also told prhoshay that these were the failure packs, in ALL of our opinions: Exotic Chai---too weak, brewed at any strength; Coco--ugh!; Milky Way--not impressive enough to order again. That's it. Michele and Sally both enjoyed the flavoured teas but I didn't like them at all; but that's not saying much because I've never liked hot berry teas.

The REAL hits: Everyone of the flavoured coffees: French Vanilla; Hazelnut and Irish Creme. Very yummy and they dont' have that creepy chemical taste; French Roast makes an awesome latte; Sidamo-deep and smoky; Costa Rica-very bright and lively; Earl Grey--we've drunk over 200 packs of this one, to date; Darjeeling-a real surprise! Very enjoyable; Green Tea with Jasmine--so good and so fragrant that when it's brewed, it smells like a candle is burning! I've ordered many of the other coffees but the ones I've listed are the ones I continue to reorder.

I'm on the fence about their Creamy Topping packs. Initially, I didn't care for them, but Michele is WILD about them. I reordered them, and for lattes, I must say, they rock!

misskitty: I sure hope you order this! No, it doesn't take the place of a "pot of coffee" sitting on the counter for a couple of hours, that you can go back to, several times, for another cuppa. But the taste difference is out of this world and if I have to go back, several times a day to make FRESH coffee at .50 per cup, that's fine by me. I usually ended up throwing out half the pot, anyway, or leaving it on the burner until it was a dried, brown ring in the bottom of the pot!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I'm sure the deal is nowhere as good as what you can get on the site, but there are also other reviews of the product on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=284507
    Holy Smokes! What great reviews! And interesting, how some people love the coco and I couldn't tolerate it! For anyone that has kids, I can imagine that this machine would be a blessing. I haven't found ordering the packs a problem because I order so many of them, when I place an order, but I'm buying for four. I imagine, that if I were just needing one packet at $8.00, I'd be pissed over having to pay $8.00 bucks shipping.

Thanks, prhoshay; I never thought of ordering the packets on Amazon. I know they aren't available, yet, but I'll keep checking!

Thanks again Guys and Gals! I'm trying to get a hold of my cousin. When I order, I'll play along with the friends benefit game and let phroshay get the reward this time. (She asked me first!)
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread