+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: New-Fangled Coffee Makers

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post
    Yes, yes, I hear you Lambikins! The funny thing is my husband would have no problem with me getting one- it's ME that has the problem, because his family was never in the position that we were in. I will buy him Dockers, Levi's, etc., my kids get Aeropostle, American Eagle, etc. and I get....Walmart (nothing against Walmart, mind you)
    I've actually decided that this year I will start buying good for me, and not the bad stuff either, the stuff that will make me look and feel fabulous! And maybe I will start with a coffee maker....
    Here's to you, stinkerbell: that first cup of premium coffee that YOU so deserve....

And.....I just had to share the photo below (God, I hope it's no one on FoRT...)

It's entitled, "What I look like before my first cup of coffee.." (I only wish I looked that good before the first cup!)

Poor dear; looks like she was rode hard and put to bed wet!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

FORT Fan

That isn't me, but I do look like that before my first cup in the morning. I swear I can't even say an intelligent sentence until a few sips in. Last month I had a colonoscopy (I know TMI!) and the morning of I couldn't have anything- no water, no coffee - NOTHING! It was the WORST morning of my life. Trying to get kids off to school, get myself ready, etc...(I never did ask my kids what ended up in their lunchboxes )

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac View Post
    CHAIN COFFEE??? I'm all for that! I think it's a wonderful idea!!
    I'm glad that you and some others think so, too, Pommie.

So, if anyone is going to be getting a machine and wants to be included on the list of FREE coffee, it goes like this:

1) Lambikins
    2) Marleybone

Send me, via PM, your email address and real name and I'll send you an email via FLAVIA. If you get a machine, I get the free coffee. Then add your name under Marley's. The next person that orders a machine contacts Marleybone via PM and then add's themselves to this list, and so on and so on.

Even if no one does this but just orders a machine directly, you'll NOT be disappointed. I'm just glad that I brought up a topic that's generated interest by coffee lovers.

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Premium Member
    OK, this is really interesting. Yesterday at work one of the nurses was telling me that she got a Senseo for Christmas. She hated it and has already returned it to the store. She said the coffee tasted awful and the machine didn't even work that great. Plus, the customer service person at the store told her that they had a lot of people returning the Senseo.

So... being the unofficial ambassador to Flavia that I am, I told her all about mine and about the yuuuuge selection of drinks, and gave her the website address. Shoot... I forgot about the chain coffee thing. Rats. Should have told her about that too. Well now I'm mad at myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone View Post
    OK, this is really interesting. Yesterday at work one of the nurses was telling me that she got a Senseo for Christmas. She hated it and has already returned it to the store. She said the coffee tasted awful and the machine didn't even work that great. Plus, the customer service person at the store told her that they had a lot of people returning the Senseo.

So... being the unofficial ambassador to Flavia that I am, I told her all about mine and about the yuuuuge selection of drinks, and gave her the website address. Shoot... I forgot about the chain coffee thing. Rats. Should have told her about that too. Well now I'm mad at myself.
    Marleybone: Your friend may have visited the site, but...she may not have registered with FLAVIA yet, so you could still get your free coffee for the referral!

Give her a call, explain the way you can both benefit, and ask her if you can send her an email (from FLAVIA, under the "SHARE" button) and then you should be good to go. Just because she visits the site, assuming she's even done that, yet, doesn't mean anything. She actually has to register with them for it to count.

And I'm glad that you and I made the right choices for ourselves! Hearing about the Senseo just makes me happier about my choice; after all, despite the various machines out there, it's only Flavia that has the ground beans and tea leaves in a NON-PAPER unit, so you are literally, just getting the steaming water and beans/leaves to create the brew...hence, the great taste!

Hope it's not too late!

ANYONE have any recommendations for just a regular drip coffeemaker? What brand? Mine needs replaced, as it isnt getting the water hot enough. Need one that gets the water really hot. Thanks!
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    ANYONE have any recommendations for just a regular drip coffeemaker? Mine needs replaced, as it isnt getting the water hot enough. Need one that gets the water really hot. Thanks!

http://www.mrcoffeestore.com/index.asp

I've always had good luck with Mr. coffee. Right now I have a TF series automatic blah blah blah can brew up to 12 cups...
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    ANYONE have any recommendations for just a regular drip coffeemaker? What brand? Mine needs replaced, as it isnt getting the water hot enough. Need one that gets the water really hot. Thanks!
    I just got a Mr. Coffee from Target. I can't remember the name, but it comes in silver or red (I got the red- I needed some positive energy in my kitchen)It's new. What I really love about it is that I can make my coffee strong- or regular. And it makes it strong! My guess is that the water gets hotter for the strong brew. Anyway- I got it at Target for $40.00. I didn't see it at Walmart, but I did see it at Fry's, on sale, for $49.00.
    I looked at the Mrcoffee site and I didn't see the one I have, but like I said- it's new and at Target.
    I know there are cheaper models out there- but I love this one to death and my coffee is fabulous!

Thanks, gabriel and stinkerbell!
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Hey thanks you guys. I still need a coffemaker and Flavia does NOT ship to Canada.

So my question is for your regular daily use:

Is it worth the additional expense to buy a coffee maker with a thermal caraffe instead of the regular glass caraffe?

Also, have you found that you USE the programmable feature or not?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread