+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: New-Fangled Coffee Makers

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Glad I stopped in here for a peek. I'm looking for a coffee maker 'cause I don't own a decent one. My sister has to bring hers for Xmas brunch. I'll look into the Flavia: it sounds marvelous! Do you know if they are available in Canada?
    misskitty: I just called the FLAVIA Hotline and NO! , they don't ship to Canada. However, the helpful operator said to "Call back on Tuesday, and we can find out about a European site", since FLAVIA was designed and originated in Europe. Sorry, Hon.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty
    Also, have any of you tried Gevalia coffee/tea? Their free coffee maker is nothing special (could only get the 4 cup up here ), but I thought their product and selection wasn't bad. Gevalia has been the coffee purveyor to His Majesty and the Royal Court of Sweden and is imported through Des Moines, Iowa.
    Trust me, I've investigated EVERYTHING. One of our previous roommies had a Gevalia machine and ordered all of her coffee from them. Yes, it was good coffee (I'll grant you that), but you run into the same things as ANY coffee maker: The Set Up and Clean Up. What "SOLD" me on the FLAVIA machine was the Instant Gratification Process and NO FRIGGIN' CLEAN-UP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty
    Marleybone, now I'm excited for you too! I hope your coffeemaker arrives safely. And Lambikins, I love that you have feathers on your Xmas tree! (from your coffee mug photo). I thought I was the only one.
    Look in the Christmas Tree Thread, misskitty, and you can see my wee tree, in ALL it's feathered glory! Pommie said it looked like "Mardi Gras!"

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs[/QUOTE
    Okay...I am so getting me one of these

My Dad wanted to get me a kitchen appliance for my new place and I am going to ask him for this. Doesn't hurt to try.
    Good luck on this, JLuvs! Before I bought my FLAVIA, I was at a posh Outlet Mall and I was looking around for a bean grinder, since mine was *Kapoot*! The one that I wanted was $99....the exact price point as the FLAVIA machine! THAT is what finished the deal for me: Bean grinder vs. Brand New coffee machine....h-m-m-m.....COFFEE MACHINE!!!!

HELP A FELLOW FORT FRIEND GET FREE COFFEE!!!

We're a friendly lot, HERE, and when I was on the FLAVIA site, they have a link that says the following: "Karma says if you help your friends and coworkers, the rewards all circle back around to you. So let them in on the great fun and taste of FLAVIA and watch the happy fireworks explode. Plus, if they order a FLAVIA drinks station online, you'll receive 100 free FLAVIA packets.

Just follow these three easy steps:

Step 1: Enter your friend's information.

Step 2: Select your free drinks.

Step 3: Confirm your referral and drink selection."

It works really simply:

1) If I had sent them Marleybone's email address and a brief message, they would have sent an email to Marleybone. When she ordered HER machine, I would have gotten 100 FREE Coffee Packs!!!. Then, the next person on this thread that wanted to order a coffee machine would have Marleybone send FLAVIA their email address and Marleybone would then receive 100 FREE Coffee Packs!

I think it would be a nice way for us fellow FoRTer's to help each other out and it costs nothing.

What do you guys think? It's worth a try.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by lambikins View Post
    [We're a friendly lot, HERE, and when I was on the FLAVIA site, they have a link that says the following: "Karma says if you help your friends and coworkers, the rewards all circle back around to you. So let them in on the great fun and taste of FLAVIA and watch the happy fireworks explode. Plus, if they order a FLAVIA drinks station online, you'll receive 100 free FLAVIA packets.

Just follow these three easy steps:

Step 1: Enter your friend's information.

Step 2: Select your free drinks.

Step 3: Confirm your referral and drink selection."

It works really simply:

1) If I had sent them Marleybone's email address and a brief message, they would have sent an email to Marleybone. When she ordered HER machine, I would have gotten 100 FREE Coffee Packs!!!. Then, the next person on this thread that wanted to order a coffee machine would have Marleybone send FLAVIA their email address and Marleybone would then receive 100 FREE Coffee Packs!

I think it would be a nice way for us fellow FoRTer's to help each other out and it costs nothing.

What do you guys think? It's worth a try.
    CHAIN COFFEE??? I'm all for that! I think it's a wonderful idea!!

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins View Post
    misskitty: I just called the FLAVIA Hotline and NO! , they don't ship to Canada. However, the helpful operator said to "Call back on Tuesday, and we can find out about a European site", since FLAVIA was designed and originated in Europe. Sorry, Hon.
    Thanks for checking for me Lambikins! Not Available in Canada , Do not ship outside the U.S. , ...I get that a lot. Drat! Drat! Double Drat!!

BTW, does their "hotline" smell as good as their coffee? !! HA!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lambikins
    Look in the Christmas Tree Thread, misskitty, and you can see my wee tree, in ALL it's feathered glory! Pommie said it looked like "Mardi Gras!"
    Hey lambi - that was me.

I just got home from work so now I'm going to have time to rip into this box and get my machine out! Mr. Marleybone already has the grungy old Mr. Coffee going so I'm thinking this would be a good time to tease him with the good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone View Post
    Hey lambi - that was me.

I just got home from work so now I'm going to have time to rip into this box and get my machine out! Mr. Marleybone already has the grungy old Mr. Coffee going so I'm thinking this would be a good time to tease him with the good stuff.
    Oops! Sorry about that, Marleybone, about the mistaken compliment! I shall, henceforth, credit you immediately with that well-placed description of our twee tree. (Can you tell I'm fresh off of watching Sense and Sensibility?)

I've been waiting and waiting and waiting some more to see what you think of your gift and WHAT drink you'll choose first. I'll check back later, back to Jane Austen, now. ~Cheers!~
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

I think I will have to get mine in March --- but I will be getting one and all for helping other FORTers get coffee.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Premium Member
    Well, I finally unpacked mine and got it primed. I just finished a cup of Japanese Green Tea.. it was delicious. The smell while it was brewing was divine.

lambi - does yours dispense the drink in little spurts? I thought it would all come out at once but it spit out the tea in 3 or 4 little spurts. I'm off to go brew something else, I'll see what happens.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    All of this talk sounds most intriguing, even if I don't like coffee. I do love the teas, and chocolate route. It sounds wonderful. I can almost smell what everybody is brewing! Sounds like a cool and wonderful gadget.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fan
    I've been very interested in this thead and would like to congratulate those on your new coffee makers.
    I do have a question though-does the cost of the flavor packs come out to more than if you bought beans and ground them? My husband and I had a discussion about this- he wanted to buy me one, but I thought that it would just get too expensive to keep buying the coffee. I usually get the whole bean 2.5 bag of Starbucks at Costco for around $20.00- which lasts me about a month. I drink coffee regularly, and feel I already spend more than I should. If the price isn't too much, I might consider it, but if it's substantial- I just can't do it.

Premium Member
    stinkerbell - Go to http://www.myflavia.com/jupiter/en-US/ and you can check the prices. Remember each packet makes only 1 cup, and you can't use anything else in the machine except those packets. You will have to figure out the difference in cost and decide if it's right for you. I know I will sometimes go for days at a time and not use this, so I'm not going to go broke buying the packets. When I do use it though, the fact that I will never have to clean it, it's convenient for me to be able to make just one cup of whatever I want, and the wide variety of delicious products makes it worth the cost for me.

+ Reply to Thread