+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2728293031323334353637

Thread: New-Fangled Coffee Makers

Re: New-Fangled Coffee Makers

I'm glad if I get the sugar, water, milk and coffee in the cup without spilling anything!

Here's a few more:

Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Wow! Gorgeous! Who finds the time to discover that they can do this? Obviously.....somebody does!!
    This reminds me of the sand art that I have seen created, by trailing some sand from the artist's hand (I think) and creating some amazing things. The human mind is an amazing thing!

It is extremely similar. Check it out!

Ilana Yahav - Sand Fantasy
    Last edited by prhoshay; 02-16-2008 at 08:08 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I wonder if the coffee barista decides what he/she wants to send to the table? That would make it a fun surprise!

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2794885;
    I wished Flavia would make it easier for Canadians to get sale items. I'm glad you're taking advantage!
    MissKitty, do they ship to Canada? I bought a Flavia Fusion machine in the States when I was on holiday ($50 at Macy's) and I've used up all the samples that came with it. I've been to Flavia's website and it only mentions shipping to the US. I'm not brave enough to order from e-bay (worried that it will be old expired product). So I'm not sure how to get more packages. Your advice is greatly appreciated.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

BubbaJo....most of the ebay auctions make the point of saying that the coffee has not expired. Some even show pics of the boxes with the future expiration dates listed clearly.

I love my Flavia! I use it no less than 3 times a day! I won't be needing to order anytime soon but am willing to go half and half and send anyone their share via mail.

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2782864;
    You bought one? Yay for you! But didn't you know we had a nice little referral plan going here at the Fort? You would have indicated you wanted to buy and the next person in line would send you an invite, then you would buy, and the person who invited you would get free stuff! I think I was next in line.

Lambikins was keeping track I think.
    Lambi's the one who got us all started on this. I think the referral thing went by the wayside though. Back when it was my turn to refer someone, I invited the next person in line but they did not follow through. I think with no new buyer to refer the next person it probably ended there. It was a bummer because I lost out on about $50 worth of freebies - of course I have since sold my machine so it doesn't matter now.

I love the barista art - recently, Food Network had a Dessert Expo show and they had a barista art competition. I think they had about 30 seconds to brew the cup, do the art and then carry their cups over to the judges table without messing it up. It was fun to watch.

I tried the Starbucks green tea latte, and I thought it tasted like bubble gum. My favorite is the iced green tea - they make it with Tazo Refresh, so it has a little hint of mint. It's super refreshing, especially in the summer, and now I can have something at Starbucks with no calories.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba-Jo-Lyn;2823077;
    MissKitty, do they ship to Canada? I bought a Flavia Fusion machine in the States when I was on holiday ($50 at Macy's) and I've used up all the samples that came with it. I've been to Flavia's website and it only mentions shipping to the US. I'm not brave enough to order from e-bay (worried that it will be old expired product). So I'm not sure how to get more packages. Your advice is greatly appreciated.
    As far as I know, they only shipped the Flavia coffee machines to the US. I had it sent to my cousin in Seattle and then had to wait for someone to bring it up on a visit. I was able to order extra coffee/tea packets direct from the site later. I still have the box the rails came in and I just checked and it had my direct address in Canada. Hmm. I'll try to remember how I managed that and get back to you. OK?

I do know that customers in Canada do not get the sales or bonus items that American customers receive. It's the border thingy. Maybe if NAFTA gets re-visited, it will be easier...LOL!

PGM: I'm so glad you are enjoying your Flavia! Thank you for your offer, but Canada Customs is really bad these days for mail and deliveries of any kind. I'm still waiting for a Valentines card.

Does anyone have a coffee maker that does single serve cups instead of the traditional pour-from-the-pot kind? I'm not wanting one that does cappuccinos or espresso's but just a regular coffee maker.

The one I have right now drips when you pour and I absolutely cannot stand that. I decided I'd like to have the kind that doesn't use a pot and found a Hamilton Beach at Walmart but the coffee tasted burnt and smelled burnt. I had to return it. I haven't seen any other brands that do single serve except for the ones that do things besides coffee. And I need a 10-12 cup capacity. I also looked at Target and Bed, Bath and Beyond and didn't see anything. I don't want to pay a fortune either, maybe $50 tops.

+ Reply to Thread