+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: New-Fangled Coffee Makers

Re: New-Fangled Coffee Makers

I think Starbuck's coffee is way too strong, and I like my coffee fairly strong. Their coffee tastes burnt, to me.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;2757726;
    I think Starbuck's coffee is way too strong, and I like my coffee fairly strong. Their coffee tastes burnt, to me.
    That is my chief complaint about Starbucks. I don't drink lattes, or cappicinos. I drink a regular, boring cup of coffee (I like flavored coffees too and Starbucks doesn't do that) and so when I have to go there, their coffee tastes burnt to me.
    The one closest to my house is across the street from McDonalds and I prefer to go to McD's to get a regular coffee than to Starbucks.

We have a GREAT local coffee shop here called Coffee Underground. It's in the basement of a store downtown, so you have to go down to get to it. It has a great atmosphere and they have a cafe menu as well as coffee and they roast their own beans and it always smells divine in there. And their regular coffee is good. Strong, but not burnt tasting and you can get flavors. And they don't act like I've wasted their time by just ordering regular coffee and NOT a "fourbucks" extreme coffee. I've really tried to like the cappichinos and lattes and well, I just don't. I can't do all that sugar or milk and I know you can get them sugar free and "lite", but honestly, I just don't like that stuff, I want a regular cup of joe.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

The reason I think Starbucks coffee tastes burnt is because it probably is. They don't get much demand for "a cup of coffee" and that stuff sits on the warming tray for hours. I had a cup once right after it was made and it was ok.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2758810;
    The reason I think Starbucks coffee tastes burnt is because it probably is. They don't get much demand for "a cup of coffee" and that stuff sits on the warming tray for hours. I had a cup once right after it was made and it was ok.
    Like anything else, I think I have an affinity for the local owned places and not the chains. There are a couple other local coffee houses that I like.
    One called Spill the beans which is a coffee house/ice cream shop.

And I like Dunkin Donuts coffee. (no the donuts have NOTHING to do with it. )

Port City Java isn't too bad. I know they are a chain, but their regular coffee is pretty good.

I just don't care for Starbucks or their prices. Call me cheap, but I just think that stuff is overpriced.

Me too, myrosiedog...I like just a plain black "cup a joe" when I go to those gourmet places for coffee, like Starbuck's or anywhere else. If Starbuck's cut the coffee grounds amount in half, it would be about the right strength for me. My favorite coffee right now is Dunkin Donuts regular brew. It is really one good cup of
    Last edited by angelic_one2002; 01-18-2008 at 09:07 AM.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

We have a great little place down the street and every chance I get I will go there rather than a chain coffee house. They have the cutest handmade crafts and such from local people for sale and I can get lost in the music they are playing while wandering around looking at all the neat stuff.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I absolutely LOVE McD's coffee. Especially since they switched to a new brew. Burger King's coffee is atrocious. I've tried it at different locations thinking maybe I just got a bad brew, but it's watery and awful no matter where I got it. I quit buying Starbucks a long time ago. For one, it really is insane to pay that much for a cup of coffee, and two, I agree that it tastes burnt. Seattle's Best is pretty good. I bought some Dunkin Decaf from the grocery store but didn't like it too much. But I haven't played around with the water to grounds ratio yet. Our city doesn't have a Dunkin Donuts anymore, they all closed up. But when they were open, I enjoyed their coffee. Krispy Kreme's coffee is okay but not any better than what I make at home. Plus it's too hard to go in there for just coffee.

MRD

You know Archie, I NEVER thought I would say that there was anything at McDonald's that I liked and went there specifically for (I usually have to be dragged kicking and screaming to McD's) except their coffee. They have really good coffee now and I will go there just for that (and they make it the way I like it, I don't have to deal with the splenda packets or creamer packets, I just tell them how much to put in and they do it for me. Now I really like that, especially when I'm in the drivethru)

I miss Barney's. There used to be a Barney's where I lived. I really like Barney's coffee. I can get their Santa's White Christmas at Publix now, but I liked ALL their coffees and I can't find a Barney's anywhere anymore. They have all become Fourbucks. I mean Starbucks.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I love Starbucks! I don't have one locally so its always a treat to me to get one when I go to a town that has a Starbucks.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I too like Starbucks coffee but it's so expensive I usually just buy Don Fransisco's espresso and make it at home.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread