+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: New-Fangled Coffee Makers

Re: New-Fangled Coffee Makers

Still sticking with my Mr. Coffee and Folgers 1/2 caff. If I want something else I also have Cafe Bustelo for espresso or a real PICK ME UP., and it's the only one my latino best friend will drink.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2582650;
    Still sticking with my Mr. Coffee and Folgers 1/2 caff. If I want something else I also have Cafe Bustelo for espresso or a real PICK ME UP., and it's the only one my latino best friend will drink.
    I've had the Cafe Bustelo. SO good, but it does wake you up!!!! I actually had a dream last night about drinking Cuban coffee. Weird.

The first time my husband had Cuban coffee, he thought it was a joke as it comes in very small cups and it was a to go cup at that, so he thought they were giving him a sample like at Sam's Club. He threw it back like a shot and thought, OK, ready for another. He said in about 5 min. he felt like he could run a marathon!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;2582487;
    I still love my Flavia, but I must admit that I sometimes balk at the price of the 'pods'. So, I continue to mix that up with my favorite coffees, which include Cafe du Monde (I love coffee and chicory) and this stuff:

Piscataqua Coffee Roasting Company

When I go to visit my sister's family, I always visit the factory, and have them grind my latest selection (my sister gets all her coffee there).
    Your sister must live near MY sister... I've had the Piscataqua before, but I've never been to the factory... I didn't realize it was in Dover, which is where my sister's family lives... ...and where I'm sitting and typing at this very moment...

I drink Green Mountain because that's what I usually can find easily in the stores, or 8'oclock Dark Roast. I get whole bean and grind it in my grind and brew... It makes good coffee, but it's a pain in the neck to clean...
    Last edited by Brodie; 09-23-2007 at 10:22 AM.
    Ingorance killed the Cat... Curiousity was framed!

MRD

The other day I was over at my neighbors and she made coffee. She has a french press. OMG! That was the best coffee I've ever tasted.

Anyone have one? Are they expensive? Hard to use?

I am now asking for one for Christmas, but if its a pain, then I may have to forgo it. But it really gave the coffee a great taste.

Personally I think anything where you can't just dump the grounds in and get your coffee is a pain.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2686970;
    Personally I think anything where you can't just dump the grounds in and get your coffee is a pain.
    Well I would not be able to handle a french press first thing in the morning. I'm doing good most days just to handle the Mr. Coffee.

But for a real treat, I think the french press would be wonderful.

I still love my Flavia! But I use it only at special times when I really need a great cup of coffee that I couldn't afford paying for at a Starbuckswhereitcosts$6foronec upofcoffeewithhighfatcontent. I love that it isn't messy at all and you don't have to spoon out grounds, use filters or anything.

For something quick, I just use my kettle and instant Nescafe. If I mix great caffeinated coffee with my meds, I'm bouncing off the walls and my family gives me heck and tells me I'm getting manic again

Is a coffee press the same as a Bodun? My sister had one and enjoyed it for awhile.

With the CDN dollar being high, I should really stock up on some Flavia coffee and tea, but I can't rely on my cousin for getting it to me from the US.

And for the record, I miss lambikins too.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

Yes, I think a Bodun is a type of press.

I hate Starbucks coffee. Personally, I'd rather get a McDonald's cup of coffee.
    I don't do the fancy coffee drinks. I just prefer a plain cup of joe with some half and half.

We call Starbucks, fourbucks.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2687394;
    I still love my Flavia! But I use it only at special times when I really need a great cup of coffee that I couldn't afford paying for at a Starbuckswhereitcosts$6foronec upofcoffeewithhighfatcontent. I love that it isn't messy at all and you don't have to spoon out grounds, use filters or anything.

With the CDN dollar being high, I should really stock up on some Flavia coffee and tea, but I can't rely on my cousin for getting it to me from the US.

And for the record, I miss lambikins too.
    You and me, both, really miss lambikins! She was such an asset to this place.

I am totally with you on the ease of usage of their machine. It doesn't get any easier than what they have made it....and you don't even really have to be too awake to use it...thank goodness. I just ordered some coffees from Flavia...had no coupon or coupon code. Initially, I loaded up my shopping cart, and then changed my mind. The next day, I had a 20% off offer in my email! I'm convinced that I got that because I didn't order anything the day before! And I got a bunch of free teas a couple of months ago. I am pretty happy with this company. I sure hope you find a good connection in the US so that you can order. I know that you couldn't order a machine, being in Canada. Does that even go for the packets?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

I miss Lambikins too. Such great recipes and just a wonderful person.

The press actually looks fairly easy to use. Hmmm, I may ask Santa or I may not. I've just started drinking coffee again after a break thinking it would help my tummy.

I've even gotten to where I don't like flavored coffee and I used to LOVE those.
    But I think I may track down some Santa's White Christmas coffee. That was always one of my favorite flavors. Publix sells it now I think since Barney's coffee places seem to have disappeared.

+ Reply to Thread