+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: New-Fangled Coffee Makers

Re: New-Fangled Coffee Makers

So am I the only one on here who uses/prefers a coffee (electric) percolator?
    It makes such hot rich coffee, that I don't even hardly use my dripmaker at all anymore.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Do you have a favorite coffee brand, or blend? Just wondering what everyone's favorite coffee 'brew' is?
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Premium Member

I'm not a huge coffee drinker, but last week we went out to dinner at Biaggi's Italian restaurant and after dinner I had a cappuccino. I was in heaven. This was the best thing, coffee-wise, that I have ever tasted. It said on the menu that they use LavAzza Italian coffee. You can order it here:

Espresso Zone - LavAzza Coffee

I haven't done it yet but when I get a new espresso machine I will definitely be ordering this. It was amazingly good.

As for the Flavia Fusion drink station that this thread was started for - We really liked it the first year we had it, and now for the last year - even all through the winter - we didn't use it at all. Not even once. It's not that it doesn't work great or that we don't like the products, I think the novelty of it has just worn off and we don't care anymore. I'm thinking of putting it up on ebay or something because it's just taking up counter space now.

I'm boring, I like plain old Folgers.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2582209;
    I'm boring, I like plain old Folgers.
    You and my husband.

I HATE with a passion our fairly new coffee maker. We got it on clearance and really, now I know why it was on clearance-it's a pain in the a**. It grinds the beans. I've wanted one of those forever, now that I've got it, hate it. There are so many steps involved in making the freaking coffee that I can't face it in the mornings. I could use a regular grinder and coffee pot and be done in less steps than it takes to set this one up. And it leaks coffee all over the counter. I haven't yet, figured out where it's leaking it from either. Somewhere in the back apparantly.
    I don't even know what kind this one is, but my husband saw it at Walmart on Clearance and brought it home. I want my old one back!!!

And I want some good coffee, not Folgers!!!!!

Can you tell I haven't had coffee today????
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I still love my percolator, as far as the way a coffeemaker makes your coffee taste. I know it's not suppose to make the best tasting coffee, cause it keeps boiling the water over the grounds, but I still think it tastes richer than a dripmaker coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;2582206;
    It said on the menu that they use LavAzza Italian coffee.
    LavAzza coffee is great. The problem sometimes is that the same coffee can taste different depending on your coffee machine. Marley, if you live next to an Italian neighborhood, I'm sure you can find LavAzza in their supermarket. We get it here in Montreal, but that is because there is a huge Italian community. Another brand for espresso coffee that is really good, if you find it, is Mauro. Also Italian.

Stickers spits nickels... PK...'s Avatar

Since we have never had even an espresso, or a Starbucks, I can only speak for regular everyday coffee... BUT... We very much like the coffee brewed by the Braun drip machines with the water filters... Especially this current incarnation with the stainless insulated carafe... We had been putting the coffee in a pump pot, but this cuts out the middleman... And the filter saves all the vinegar cleaning from our excellent, but very hard well water...

And the coffee of choice is Walmart's house brand... We like it better than any of the major supermarket brands...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

I still love my Flavia, but I must admit that I sometimes balk at the price of the 'pods'. So, I continue to mix that up with my favorite coffees, which include Cafe du Monde (I love coffee and chicory) and this stuff:

Piscataqua Coffee Roasting Company

When I go to visit my sister's family, I always visit the factory, and have them grind my latest selection (my sister gets all her coffee there).

I also order both coffee and tea from Empire Coffee and Tea in NYC:

Gourmet coffee, gift baskets, and imported tea, from Empire Coffee and Tea Company

My father is a tea drinker, and has been ordering from them for over 60 years. The first time I ordered, I got a note back - we know your father! (I do have an unusual surname). My sister once went into their shop, not realizing my father's history with the place, and got the same treatment - we know your father! So, I give them some of my business, as well. Their coffee is quite good, and their teas are outstanding.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;2582487;
    I still love my Flavia, but I must admit that I sometimes balk at the price of the 'pods'. So, I continue to mix that up with my favorite coffees, which include Cafe du Monde (I love coffee and chicory) and this stuff:

Piscataqua Coffee Roasting Company

When I go to visit my sister's family, I always visit the factory, and have them grind my latest selection (my sister gets all her coffee there).

I also order both coffee and tea from Empire Coffee and Tea in NYC:

Gourmet coffee, gift baskets, and imported tea, from Empire Coffee and Tea Company

My father is a tea drinker, and has been ordering from them for over 60 years. The first time I ordered, I got a note back - we know your father! (I do have an unusual surname). My sister once went into their shop, not realizing my father's history with the place, and got the same treatment - we know your father! So, I give them some of my business, as well. Their coffee is quite good, and their teas are outstanding.
    I LOVE Cafe du Monde coffee. And Santa's White Christmas by Barney's.

That's so cool about your dad and them recognizing you!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread