+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: New-Fangled Coffee Makers

It's been a while since I have used my French Press, especially now that I have my Flavia!

I find that with the French Press the coffee looks "cloudy" and unless the coffee is ground just right, fine grounds will inevitably make their way into the coffee cup....yuck!

How to use a French Press: *

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba-Jo-Lyn;2276355;
    My new fangled coffee maker is a French Press except I have no idea how to use it (it was a gift). Has anyone ever used one? Is it good? Someone please tell me how to use the thing.
    Years ago many friends of mine were into the Bodum french press. They did like it. And I think the taste depends on the coffee you buy. You can use a tea bag in it too, I think. Enjoy your new Bodum!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar
    Thanks!!
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2276258;
    Angelic_one, how do you make coffee with that thing? I bought one last fall and my coffee had an off taste and had lots of grounds in the bottom of the cup. I did grind the beans larger than usual to avoid that, but it happened anyway. It was very unappealing. I took it back the next day and ordered my Flavia. (It works out for me because I am the only one in my house who drinks coffee or tea - no pot to wash .)
    I use good water, to start with. I think good-tasting water is the key to good coffee. I havent had many grounds in mine, but a few don't bother me. I think the taste of the coffee just tastes so much richer and better than drip-maker coffee. It's also known to be VERY hot coffee from a percolator. That's another reason I like it better than my drip machine.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Did we all get our 15 free packets of the new teas from Flavia??? I was completely shocked! Glad to see something new.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Nooooo .
    The last freebie I got was a couple packets of the Kenyan Dawn. It will be awhile until my next order. I hope I get them, I like their teas.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    The new teas are African Red Bush, Peppermint Cool, and White Tea and Orange. They sent 5 of each. They were shipped alone, not with an order, so be looking out! Mine came by UPS (why not the regular mail, I don't know). I found them on the front porch under the doormat. I haven't placed an order since, probably, November or October.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for them. Orange, hmmm? Sounds yummy.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2292798;
    Did we all get our 15 free packets of the new teas from Flavia??? I was completely shocked! Glad to see something new.
    Nope. Just had a big order placed and nothing free in it. Not a thing. I'm disappointed they're treating Canadian customers differently than American. I would have liked to have tried some new teas.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I haven't received any freebie teas either. But then again, I bought my Flavia at Linens 'N Things, not on their website.

I do get emails from them from time to time with recipes, so they know that I am a Flavia customer.

I think all of my orders have come via UPS, not the USPS.

Everytime I see something new has been post in this thread, I think of Lambikins.....where the heck did she go? It's been ages since she has been around. Hope all is well with her!

Hmmmm, think I will make myself a cuppa while I sit here and read some more on the FORT!

+ Reply to Thread