+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: New-Fangled Coffee Makers

I finally found the time to order some more Flavia coffee. I'm down to 8 packs and I'm saving them.

I didn't get anything free and it doesn't sound like they are going to be making the infusion machines available in Canada anytime soon. You still have to order and send to a US address.

Still, I can hardly wait for my coffee to arrive!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

They send the coffee to Canada, but not the machine?
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2258976;
    They send the coffee to Canada, but not the machine?
    I KNOW! It's crazy. But I do love the machine. The fusion lets you make the frothy toppings and two pack drinks, not just the coffee/tea like their bigger office machines. It's too bad. Maybe they'll change in the future. I think it has to do with the border and customs. They must get dinged too much to make it worthwhile or something

I just received some coffee from Flavia!

I ran out when I was sick over New Year's , and then my Baba died, and then my sweetie's dad died, and I finally got around to phoning and ordering. The UPS man couldn't believe I was so happy to receive coffee!

So my Dad, sinister and I had a nice cup of French Roast and House Blend with some pie this afternoon!! Mmmmmmmmmmmmm. It was so enjoyable, I can't tell you. Little things. It's the little things.

I'll stick with my Mr. Coffee and Maxwell House...
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I still love my Farberware electric percolator! I think it makes better coffee than my other drip machine.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

DeafChulo: Just saw you and your sweetie are enjoying a Flavia too!

gabriel and angelic_one: Don't get me wrong, I still have my Nescafe and make pots of tea. My flavia coffees are just for special occasions every now and then. With the $exchange, customs and delivery here to Canada, I don't have one everyday! But it still comes out to $0.60 for a cappucino! Can't beat that!

Attachment 19627
    Last edited by misskitty; 04-06-2007 at 02:54 PM.

I love cappucino too, miss kitty, now and then. It's a treat. But just for plain black coffee, my Farberware percolator can't be beat.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Angelic_one, how do you make coffee with that thing? I bought one last fall and my coffee had an off taste and had lots of grounds in the bottom of the cup. I did grind the beans larger than usual to avoid that, but it happened anyway. It was very unappealing. I took it back the next day and ordered my Flavia. (It works out for me because I am the only one in my house who drinks coffee or tea - no pot to wash .)
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar
    My new fangled coffee maker is a French Press except I have no idea how to use it (it was a gift). Has anyone ever used one? Is it good? Someone please tell me how to use the thing.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

+ Reply to Thread