+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: New-Fangled Coffee Makers

For those eggnog lovers (ME!!!) and others, here's Flavia's version of an eggnog latte.

2 Intense Dark Roast Filterpacks

1 egg

2 scoops vanilla or eggnog ice cream

cup half and half or liquid creamer

1 tablespoon rum extract

2 teaspoons nutmeg

1 tablespoon whipped cream or topping

Electric blender

Turn the FUSION volume control knob to the smallest dot to the left. For an SB100, press the Espresso button (the half-filled cup icon).

Place the coffee Filterpack in the pack holder, close and press the coffee/tea button on the FUSION or the start button on the SB100 to brew.

Repeat steps to brew the second Filterpack.

Pour brewed coffee into blender, add egg, half and half or creamer, rum, nutmeg and ice cream and pulse until smooth enough to drink.

Pour into glasses and top with whipped cream to serve. Yields 2 cups.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Sorry to bump this thread, but we have the oldest, crappiest coffee maker, and my husband likes coffee (me too, but him more). I don't want to buy the beverage systems because if we move back to North America, the voltage is wrong. The only ones I can find are made by Saeco Via Venneto and are REALLY expensive.

After hours of trucking around the malls (you would think I was looking for gold), I finally found a drip machine. No kidding, people drink instant here (blech!). Anyways, for about $130 US it is a Russell Hobbs , model10932, 8 cup drip coffee maker. I can find reviews, but I am just curious how much the price is being jacked up because it is an import. If any one knows anything about this coffee maker, I would love to hear it. Merry Christmas everyone and thanks!

lambikins: That sounds soooo yummy! I have been very negligent and have not phoned in my new order of coffee. I'm.Running.Out.Of.Flavia.

canuckinchile: I'm sorry I haven't heard of that machine up here so I can't give you any comparison. Have you looked on e-bay to see what it might be offered at?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I only have a minute and can't go back to read, so forgive me if this is old news, but I saw in the paper that Macy's has the Flavia on sale for half price. The original price is listed as $119.95, but that would still make the thing only cost $60. For anyone who's been wanting one, that might be a great deal.

I did try looking on e bay, but I am inept, and couldn't find it! I think it is a British brand, which kind of puts me off since I always thing tea when the UK comes to mind...lol. Thanks, and Muduh, good to see you and you're making me jealous. What a great deal!

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;2177704;
    I only have a minute and can't go back to read, so forgive me if this is old news, but I saw in the paper that Macy's has the Flavia on sale for half price. The original price is listed as $119.95, but that would still make the thing only cost $60. For anyone who's been wanting one, that might be a great deal.
    That is a super deal! We don't have Macy's up here. In fact, they still aren't selling Flavia Fusion machines instore in Canada. What are they thinking?

I could not believe where I just saw a huge Flavia Corporate machine with the entire pull-out drawers of coffees and teas.....the emergency vet clinic downtown! HOW great was that!! Except there were no cups and one guy was too intimidated to try it out so he bought a pop instead. I tried to show him but he was too stressed to make a decision. It was a buck a coffee and any extra funds went to the clinic! Super idea ! I was tickled. But I didn't feel well enough to have a coffee or tea.

Flavia....shows up where you least expect it!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Just had an English Breakfast tea with Spiced Pumpkin creamer. I am completely in heaven!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

lambikins - I know you love your coffeemaker (I would, too!) , but I just recently bought a Cuisinart dripmaker. Have you ever owned one of those coffeemaker brands? If so, did you like it?
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;2187134;
    lambikins - I know you love your coffeemaker (I would, too!) , but I just recently bought a Cuisinart dripmaker. Have you ever owned one of those coffeemaker brands? If so, did you like it?
    I am trying to stop giving unsolicited information, but here I go again. Try going to www.epinions.com and pulling up your coffeemaker. You will see what people who have bought have experienced it. This web site has been very helpful to me in the past, and continues to be so. I usually read several of the good posts but, more importantly, I look for the negative posts...if there are any.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread